|Prologue|

Liak

         I'd walk down the street, cars zooming by. I can't get through one semester without something weird happening, I'd think to myself, like something blowing up or being set on fire,I just now noticed all of this is fire related,hm,werid. I'd kick a rock on the curb as I sigh.

      Why can't I go through one semester?! Dammit I keep on getting kicked out of every school I enroll to. I'd stop at a street light and put my fingers through my hair, I have to many curls. I'd drop my hand to my waist and sigh. Another day, another school, that's just great.

The light would turn to the walking man and I'd walk across the street, I could just go back to the house, Noi's parents wouldn't be there. My parents died in a fire when I was just 2 years old, so a family took me in and I became best friends with they're daughter , Noi. Just then my phone would vibrate in my back pocket, I'd pull it out and see a message notification.

Oh, it's Noi? I'd look at the message," Hey, just got outta class, meet @ Juice Bar 4 a smoothie?" She's terrible at grammar, surprised she has all A's. I'd text back, " Sure, meet you there." I'd send it and place it back into my pocket and continue to walk down the street. Hopefully she'll  takes the news well, yeah that's not gonna happen.

"Again?!" Noi would half yell as she's paying for the drinks, she'd turn to apologize to the cashier and grab our drinks, walking to a table." My God Liak you cant keep getting kick out of school! God damn your a walking bomb I tell you." She'd say, drinking her coke. I'd look at it," I thought we both were supposed to get smoothies?" She'd  scoff," Welp." I'd sigh," Besides it's not my fault I have bad luck, but its a hella sight every time." Noi would slump back into her chair," That's not the point Laik!" She'd groan.I'd laugh," Besides, if you get kicked out of every school in the state then how will you get to go to the same college as me?!" She'd cry.

       "I'll just go to a school in England." I'd retort. She'd laugh," You wouldn't survive there without your Wendy's chicken nuggets I'll tell you that." I'd look up at her," Don't mess with my chicken nuggets, those are heavenly nuggets sent from the gods." She'd giggle and then I'd join in with. For peaceful moments like these, I would give up the world to stay this carefree.

Me and Noi finished our drinks and make our way back to her house," So what school are you going to try and get into now?" Noi would ask." Dunno, after all I don't think I can guilt trip, I never liked doing it anyways." I'd sigh, since I'm a walking disaster, no principal would really want a kid who is known for a streak of accidental incidents.

We'd walk down a street that would slowly lead into a shady street in the city," This street always gives me the creeps." Noi would say, hugging her shoulders. I'd nod," I agree." This street does give me weird vibes, but it feels like something completely different from any other street. Id brush it off and we would continue to walk down the strange road, but then Noi would stop in her tracks." Noi? What's wrong?" I'd stop and turn back to face her.

     Noi would blink," It feels like something's pulling me.." I'd look at her confusingly and look behind her, right there in the middle of the broken down street, was a glowing blue opal." What the hell.." It would be hovering in mid-air, something that came out of a crystal gems episode. I'd continue to look at it, Noi would quickly turn around," Holy Shit..!" She'd gap. I'm gonna touch it," I'm gonna touch it." I'd start to walk towards the opal, but then Noi would grab my wrist from behind." Liak you don't even know what that THING is!" I'd blink," I know it's interesting so.." I'd quickly break from her grasp," LIAK FUCKING DONT-" but I'd already be touching the surface of the opal as it flashed white.