Chapter 2

Chloe:

I wake up to a buzzing noise as I set my alarm to snooze. But not even a minute later I jump out of bed. Fuck, what the hell happened last night? I can't even remember coming to bed. Meanwhile I was lecturing Axel about doing coke but I don't have any memory of last night. Drowning my stress in whiskey has never ended well for me. I'm wearing nothing but a thong for some odd reason. It has always been hot here during the evenings.

I throw on a tank top as I make my way into the bathroom. "Jesus." I jump as I see Gunner standing in front of my bathroom mirror with nothing but a towel covering his family jewels. Suddenly it all comes back to me and I rush to the other bathroom as all of the whiskey makes its way back out of my mouth. I run back to my room locking the door a so barge into the bathroom.

"You need to leave." I say, "and I need to brush my teeth, now."

"Bathrooms all yours sweetheart. At least let me get some clothes on first." He says as he walks over to my bed, dropping his towel to the floor.

"I never thought I would see your butt this early in the morning." I say as I let out a groan and start to brush my teeth. I rinse out my mouth as I get the shower started.

Gunner makes his way to me, wearing a tight white jockey exposing way too much of himself. His hands make their way under my shirt. "Gunner I'm serious you have to leave. I have work in an hour." I say.

"Fine." He shrugs as he finishes getting dressed and walks to the door.

"Are you crazy? Go out the window."

"Do I look 16 to you?" He asks.

"No but you act 16." I snap, "what do you think is going to happen when Axel finds out you spent the night here Gunner?" 

There's a moment of silence. "Fine you're right. I'll go out the window."

"Gunner wait." I say whilst he's halfway through the window already. "He can never find out about this."

"Agreed." He says, "see you around sweetheart." He says jumping out the window and running to his place.

I shake my head, disappointment is an understatement at the moment. I hop in the shower and the warm water against my skin is exactly what I needed right now. I haven't been in town for two days and already I've slept with someone. And not just anyone. Gunner. Of all people I slept with a biker. The very people I don't want to get involved with, under any circumstances.

I dry myself off, lazily blow dry my hair and get ready for work. I make my way downstairs to find Axel eating some cereal and watching cartoons.

"Morning." He says, "what did you get up to last night? One glass not enough for you?" He asks pointing to the coffee table. Fuck.

"I got a bit drunk." I shrug, "how are you feeling?" I ask. Trying to change the subject as quickly as I possibly can.

"I'm fine. I was up at 5 already. Hey, since when did you start snoring like an old man?" He asks as I grab myself an apple.

"Must've been allergies. I snore when I have a stuffy nose." I say, "I really have to get going. I'll talk to you later."

"Wait," he says as I open the front door and my heart starts racing, "don't forget the keys. Unless you wanna take the Harley."

"I'm good thanks." He says throwing me the car keys.

I make my way to the car as I throw my handbag in the backseat. "Morning neighbor." Gunner smiles as he gets onto his bike. "Sleep well?" He grins.