42/ Tired Eyes

It's definitely not a good idea, he knows that, but it's so quiet at home, and he's going to go crazy.

He's happy that Jughead is getting an opportunity to further his skills, FP never got those kind of chances. He knows that Jughead will go on to do amazing things and there's no doubt on his mind that he'll become a world famous author and he'll do anything to help him get there.

He had spent the night with her on Friday and though it's only been 2 days, he missed her, so here he is.

He parks down the street like he did the first time and unloads the ladder from the back, carrying it behind her house. His heart starts beating faster with nerves, he's not sure how she'll react but he hopes she won't be too mad.

He pushes the ladder up against the side of her house, right up against her window, careful not to make any noise in case she's sleeping. He just plans on slipping in bed beside her and cuddling up next to her, he doesn't want to wake her, he just doesn't want to be alone.

He climbs up the ladder and looks in the window just to make sure he has the right room, he doesn't have Alice directing him this time and the last thing he needs is to climb into her daughter's room by accident.

He pushes the window up once he's sure he has the right room and crawls inside. He tries to be as quiet as possible but trips over his feet and lands hard on her floor.

She bolts up and stares over at her window. She turns on the lamp that's on her nightstand and squints over at him. "FP? What the hell are you doing?"

He feels bad for waking her up and he just hopes she doesn't notice how red his cheeks are. "Oh, hey, sorry I didn't mean to wake you up."

She narrows her eyes at him. "You just crashed into my bedroom at two o clock in the morning, what were you trying to do?"

He awkwardly scratches the back of his neck. "Jug's at that writing seminar and I'm just worried about him, he's so far away and he's all by himself. It's so quiet, I'm going crazy." She frowns, she understands. "I was just going to climb in and sleep beside you, it was a dumb idea, I know."

"No, it's not, I get it." She pulls back the covers and gestures to the spot next to her. "Come here." He smiles and walks over to the bed. "Oh, wait, lock the door. Just in case Betty comes in in the morning."

He nods and locks her bedroom door before stripping down to his boxers. She watches him with a smirk and he slips into the bed next to her, leaning over and giving her a kiss. "Sorry I woke you."

"It's okay, means I get to spend some extra time with you, that's always nice." She snuggles up close to him, wrapping her arms around his middle and resting her head on his shoulder. "Besides, if I had of woken up with you right beside me in the morning I probably would of had a heart attack."

"Well it's a good thing I woke you up then." He strokes her cheek and she smiles at him, pressing a kiss to his jaw.

"I get why you came, I mean Jug's all the way out in Greendale, I would be worried about Betty if it was her."

"I know he's okay, he's a smart kid so I know he won't get into trouble, and I'm glad he's getting such an amazing opportunity but-"

"You miss him." She finishes for him. "That's understandable."

"I don't know how I'm going to deal with him going off to college, I'm going to miss him like crazy."

"I feel the same about, Betty." She nuzzles a little closer to him. "But if our little arrangement is still going strong then we can get through it together."

He smiles a little. "You're really something, Al."

She raises an eyebrow at him. "A good something?"

He nods and presses a kiss to her head. "A special something."

"Well I won't disagree with you there." She nuzzles her nose into his neck. "How tired are you?"

"A little, why?"

"Well I thought maybe if you're not super tired maybe I could help tire you out, we ran out of time the other day, I didn't get to finish you off."

"Well I definitely won't turn that down." He cups her cheeks and pulls her into a kiss. She starts to trail lazy kisses over to his neck and chest, her hand slipping into his boxers. She pauses and he raises an eyebrow, looking down at her. He can feel her hand wrapped around him but she's not making any movements, even her kisses have stopped.

He sits up on his elbows to get a look at her and she bolts up, her eyes heavy. He laughs, she fell asleep. "Go to sleep, Al."

"No I'm not tired, I just closed my eyes for a second."

"You were asleep." He pulls her up next to him. "We can continue this in the morning." she opens her mouth to protest but he cuts her off. "No but's, sleep."

"Fine." She rolls over and pulls his arms around her. "But we are continuing this in the morning, you're going home blown and satisfied."

"Yes, ma'am." He chuckles and pulls her closer so her back is flush against his front and he nuzzles his face in her hair. "Sweet dreams, Al."