Prologue

Disclaimer: I don't own shit and if I did Shiro would still be alive raising best boy Rin and everyone would've accepted him.

"Daddy."

"Yeah?"

"Am I really a demon like they said?"

"...No. You're a human child."

"...Okay."

.oOo.

The blood son of Satan.

His father: Shiro Fujimoto.

That is how Rin saw himself after Shiro revealed to him that his blood father is Satan himself. Not once in his life did he think of Satan as his actual father, and he was sure that's how Yukio sees it too.

His friends, however, saw and thought otherwise.

Sugurou and Shiemi are avoiding him.

Konekomaru is scared of him.

Shima and Izumo...well...They haven't really done anything.

Izumo doesn't act any different with him than she did before and he appreciates that. He doesn't want to be treated with pity or hate, and he is thankful for that.

Shima is a bit more complicated. No hostility has been directed to Rin from Shima, and whenever they pass each other in the hallway Shima smiled and would sometimes give him a hello or converse with him, but whenever they were around Sugurou and Konekomaru he would ignore him.

Rin guessed it was some kind of go with the flow kind of deal, which he does not hold against Shima for. Sure he would appreciate it more if Shima didn't treat differently, but he can't ask him to go against his friends. Rin is just thankful that Shima isn't against him.

Yukio is angry.

It's obviously because his identity got revealed and now he is on a time limit and has to deal with that stupid ring around his tail.

He doesn't hold it against him though. He doesn't hold anything against anyone, because if it were him in their situation he would probably be a bit skeptical too. He could never hate them, any of them.