Just Wonderful

It was completely silent, except for the heavy clicks of miss Maples typewriter. Max, Bobby, and I were waiting outside of principle Mazurs office. Max let out a heavy sigh, getting my attention, "I'm a failure, a complete loser, the one chance to impress Roxanne and I blew it agh," he trails off.

All I could give him was a sympathetic reassuring smile. "Eh ah! Guys look! It the leaning tower of cheeza," he stuffs the mountain of cheese in his mouth. Max looks at him grossed out, while I comment on how it should've been put in a museum to lighten up the situation.

My joke was cut off by the principals door opening. Out walks a petrified P.J, "Oh man, my dad is going to smash me like a bug!" "Ayyye! P.J.! Detention! Nahahaha!" Bobby slaps his knee laughing as, P.J. just keeps walking. "Robbert Zimmeruski," the principal motions Bobby over to his office. "Okay, I'm coming! _____ here guard this with your life dude." Bobby hands over the cheese whiz can, and gets up.

He goes over to the tv setup he brought this morning and pushes it into the principals office. Bobby turns to us sticking both his thumbs up, and his tongue out. "Heeeey! Maaazur, what's up bro," bobby closed the door leaving me and max by ourselves. By ourselves?

The thought of this makes me blush, and a bit nervous. I turn to look at max to see his face is engulfed in his hands. I think on how I could make a move, but also reassure him. I shakily move my hand from my lap, and bring it above his back. As I hover my shivering hand, I slowly force it down on Max's back.

I feel Max tense at the presence of my hand, but quickly relaxes when I move my hand up and down. We sit there in a comfortable silence, until I hear Stacey's voice. I look over to see the owner of the voice, and Max's beloved Roxanne. Max doesn't seem to be aware of them, so I just pretend I don't either.

I continue to rub my hand on his back until I hear stumbling, "no Stacey I don't want to," "talk to him!" I remove my hand quickly, and try my best to pretend I don't hear them. I could hear Roxanne coughing, trying to get Max's attention. "Tap him!" I hear Stacey whisper.

When Roxanne tapped Max it startled both of them, causing Roxanne to drop her books and papers. I look at them as they both try to pick up her papers, but accidentally touch hands. This didn't make me upset like usually, but made me a tad furious, which is an emotion I don't usually feel. I glare at Roxanne as they both awkwardly gush about Poweline. The room was then filled with silence.

'Awkward'

"Um..Roxanne, I was uh, sorta kinda thinking that maybe I'd um, ask- you to *cough* go with me that is the party,Ofcourseifyoudontwantto I completely understand!" Max asks nervously. I was completely devastated. I had front row seats to the one I love asking out someone else.

Please say no, please say no, pleeease say no! Is all I could think in my head. "Well I was sorta kinda thinking that, I'd love too," She accepts. "Yeah?" No! "Yeah!" "Good!" Bad! "Great!" "Terrific!" Terrible... "wonderful!" "All right." "Ok." Stacey walks over to them to pull Roxanne away before the word exchange got out of hand.

"Come on, Roxanne. We don't want to belabor the moment, now, do we?" Stacey says pulling Roxanne away. "Well, I'd better be going" Roxanne says while being pulled by Stacey. "I'll, uh, call you later!" Max says trying to sound cool. I roll my eyes as I slump down into my seat. "Okay! Bye!" Roxanne backs into the door. Giggles nervously, then with a final "Bye." leaves the office.

That's it I've completely loss, whatever chances of hope I had are gone. I slump down in my seat and look at my shoes. "Yes! She said yes! Woo hoo hoo! Everybody mambo!" Max celebrates as he pulls me out of the blue chair. Twirling me around, and holding me by the waist.

He then twirls me away, leaving me a smiling like a goof. Max then grabs Miss Maples and beings to mambo with her. Hearing the commotion, Bobby and Principal Mazur come out of the office. "Yeah! Dance with her! Groove with her!" Cheers Bobby. "Miss Maples! Get that boys father in the phone immediately, and ____," he points at me, "in my office now!"

Oh boy.