Chapter 4 :

Once they arrived at Cheonan station, the passengers stepped off the train and looked around, only to find out it was completely deserted.

''What the hell? Where are the military people?'' Yoongi questioned in frustration, ruffling up his hair.

''I don't know,'' Namjoon replied as he continued to search the area.

''It's so quiet,'' Hoseok commented lowly as he looked around, observing the empty train station.

Namjoon and Taehyung exchanged worried glances. They both knew what each other was thinking.

Something was definitely wrong.

Taehyung held his hand out to Jimin. The latter grasped his best friend's hand tightly and the two walked together, in front of the crowd.

The crowd walked into the waiting area and the first thing Jungkook noticed was that luggage and handbags were scattered everywhere, yet not a single person apart from them was in sight.  It was a very unsettling view.

''Uh, should we go back? I have a gut feeling something very bad is going to happen.'' Jimin whined, clinging onto Taehyung.

The aforementioned ignored Jimin's pleas, refusing to go anywhere. He deciding to investigate this very odd scene.

''OI! I see the military!'' Someone shrieked, running down a set of stairs.

The army of passengers trailed closely behind the person. They began to walk down the stairs until the unexpected happened.

The military turned around and to the passengers' horror, they had also been infected. They ran towards the mob and began to aggressively attack unfortunate passengers as the others ran for their lives.

Some people weren't so lucky as they got chased down by zombies but others managed to escape barely alive.

BTS hadn't stopped running as adrenaline was pumping through their veins. They felt like if they stopped running for one second or turn their heads around, they would get bitten.

The remaining survivors ran as fast as they could towards the train, zombies following them closely behind.

''W-we're nearly there, d-don't give up,'' Namjoon breathed heavily, trying to encourage Jin whose legs were beginning to get worn out.

 Jimin ran as fast as he could. His breathing became heavier and he looked to his right, only to find Taehyung wasn't beside him.

He halted in his tracks and turned around to see Taehyung throwing punches at a zombie who was growling and snarling at him.

The zombie overpowered Taehyung and shoved him to the ground, making him wince in pain. This didn't stop Taehyung however, as he tried to shove the zombie off him.

''TAEHYUNG!'' Jimin screamed as he ran towards his beloved bandmate, fear filling up in his body.

Jimin desperately tried to pull the zombie off Taehyung but it was no use.

''JUST GO! SAVE YOURSELF!'' Taehyung cried out weakly, stifle whimpers leaving his mouth. He wrapped his hand around the infected person, attempting to choke the zombie.

''Never! I can't leave you like this!'' Jimin shot back, his voice wavering. The thought of Taehyung becoming infected was too much for him to think about and it even hurt to think about it.

Unfortunately, the zombie sank his teeth into Taehyung's hand,  immediately making him drop his hand, and he then let out the most horrific scream which Jimin knew was going to haunt him in his dreams. 

''TAEHYUNGIE!'' Jimin gasped, his hands covering his mouth in shock. Tears were threatening to spill out of his eyes as realisation dawned on him.

Taehyung was dead. His life was taken away from him in a matter of seconds. His life was cut short.

He took a few steps back, stunned, and looked up to see a herd of zombies running at him, causing his breath to hitch. He had no time to mourn for his brother as his own life was in danger.

Jimin bolted away from Taehyung, his heartbeat beating rapidly, He heard the familiar cries of Jungkook who was standing by a glass door, yelling at him frantically to run faster.

Jimin looked over his shoulder and his heart ached to see Taehyung staggering along with the other infected people. Jimin felt like breaking down in tears but he had to stay strong.

For Taehyung.

''I'm sorry,'' He whispered helplessly to himself.

Jimin obeyed and made it out alive. Hoseok pulled him to his chest and closed the door. Jungkook was struggling to keep the zombies out as they kept hitting the door with their hands, some even banging their heads against the door, attempting to break the door down.

Hoseok helped Jungkook prevent the zombies from entering. His eyes averted from the zombies to Jimin.

''I thought we nearly lost you'' He whispered, nearly inaudible. Jimin looked down, unable to look into Hoseok's eyes.

Jimin bit his lip and he didn't hold back his tears as they fell down his face rapidly. He sobbed silently.

Hoseok felt his heart breaking as he watched Jimin burst into tears. He hated seeing his close friend upset and it made him feel upset too. He was about to console Jimin until a shocking realisation dawned on him.

''Tae.. Oh no... Oh nonono.. Where's Taehyung?!'' Hoseok shrieked, his palm cupping over his mouth. He began to pace up and down which made Jimin feel even worse

Jimin was speechless, he didn't know how to break the news.

Although Jungkook wasn't looking at either one of them, he was paying attention to every word they were saying. His breathing becomes unsteady as horrible scenarios flooded his mind.

There was a brief silence between the three. It didn't take a genius to figure out what had happened to Taehyung.

''H-he got bitten, didn't he?'' Jungkook sighed, his head tilted down. He felt like his world was crashing down on him. He couldn't believe it. He refused to believe it.

'No.... Fuck, why did it have to be Taehyung!?' Jungkook internally screamed, his mind racing with cold thoughts.

Jimin cried harder, unable to speak.

''That was my god damn best friend! Our brother!'' He wailed. Hoseok closed his eyes as tears fell down his face, not willing to accept what had happened to Taehyung. Jungkook was about to envelope his friends into a comforting hug when he was taken aback by the noise of glass being shattered.

''Aw shit! The glass door!'' Jungkook screamed, his jaw dropped open. Hoseok and Jimin looked up.

To their horror, they noticed the glass was cracking. Jimin felt his life span shortening seeing the zombies angrily hitting their heads against the door. He yelled and jumped back, but froze when Hoseok placed his hand over his mouth.

''On the count of three, we run,'' Jungkook commanded, slowly backing away from the door.

''One... two... three... RUN!'' Jungkook instructed as the trio took off, running.

''THE TRAIN! IT'S LEAVING! FUCK!'' Jimin bellowed frantically as he picked up a baseball bat for protection.

It took only a matter of seconds for the infected zombies to break down the door. They all followed the trio, including Kim Taehyung.