Prelude

"We will still hold court" Cicero simply stated. His voice was still smooth and controlled, not unlike the kind you would hear in the courts of High Terra. That part of him had remained largely unchanged through the transformation of him and his legion.

Anius snarled. "You would have us follow suit of our traitor brethren." His voice was gruff, far more animalistic than any man should be able to muster, not at all like the balanced voice of Cicero.

Cicero's eyes fell upon Anius, and he tilted his head to the side. "We are not savages, no matter how much you wish to believe it. We are not like our other fallen brethren, and I shall never bring my brothers an inch closer to savages like the World Eaters."

Ire rose within Anius, his blood began to boil with rage. Rage came easier to Anius the longer he stayed in their Stronghold within the Warp. "Sitting on our haunches and holding court is what allowed them to escape in the first place! We should be hunting them down instead talking of petty politics and your beloved 'Identity'."

Cicero rose from his seat, the same one that used to hold the Chapter Master, before Cicero had slew him with his own Bolt pistol. "If you wish to scurry off and hunt them down one by one, I shall give you a Stormhawk and you can do it yourself. But considering what happened anything but a victory is foolish."

Cicero sat back down, the rage fading from his head, like water leaking from a punctured bucket. "The Fulminata Guard is scattered across the galaxy, if any of them survived at all. If they manage to somehow regroup across the cosmos, they'll be at less than half strength. If they manage to regroup, we will know, and we will find them. If they manage to find each other, we will slaughter them. Make no mistake, Anius, the Fulminata Guard is over. The Relictus Guard has risen."