Incursions

The armory was a short distance from where Cicero had encountered the first Daemonic incursion with Lieutenant Theos. It wasn't hard to find, Anius was still firing at Bloodletters by the time Cicero found him.

Cicero joined the 3rd captain in battle, drawing his Master-Crafted Power Sword and slicing through the Daemons. Even the might of Daemons of Khorne couldn't stand up to two Captains of the Fulminata Guard.

After the last Daemon fell, sliced in two by Cicero's Power Sword, the two joined in a hearty embrace.

"Good to see you well, Anius," Cicero said, chuckling.

"And you as well," Anius responded. The two parted and strode towards the armory. "I assume you're here for your Terminator armor? Most of your squads have already dropped by to claim theirs."

Cicero shook his head. He knew it was an honor to be gifted with Terminator armor, but he disdained it so. It was far too slow and bulky, and took the excitement out of fighting. "I came to see that you were still alive."

The pair stopped at the door to the armory. "Cicero, now is not a time for your petty preferences. This is an all-hands-on-deck situation. You will need your Terminator armor. Unless, of course, you'd rather end up in a Dreadnought, if we're lucky."

Cicero walked into the armory. "I fight better without it. Especially against Bloodletters."

Anius grabbed Cicero's shoulder, turning him around and looking at his Black Mask. "But what about when you miss a parry? What about when one gets past your defenses? You can't always win Cicero."

Cicero shook off his friend's grip. "Yes, I can. That's why I'm 1st Captain. I can't lose." He paused for a moment, before glancing back to Anius. "You can have it. I don't need Terminator armor. It's a crutch, and one I won't use."

Anius followed Cicero into the armory. It was dark inside, and practically crawling with Servitors repairing and cleaning equipment. "You will regret your decision."

Cicero stopped and looked around the armory. "Perhaps neither of us will live long enough to realize it. Or perhaps you'll be wrong. It doesn't matter either way. I trust you'll keep the armory safe?"

Anius scoffed. "Of course I will. I'll be dead or turned to Chaos before I let a Daemon set foot in here. I already have a squad on its way here to help reinforce."

Cicero nodded. "Good. I trust we'll need this. I'll try to get some Neophytes and Servitors to help run ammo where it's needed."

"Preparing for the long game?" Anius asked as he began to organize the shelves of ammo and Bolters.

Cicero nodded. "Unless we have any new developments, I'm preparing to stay in the Warp until it freezes over."

Gladio joined Theos at the intersection that the lieutenant had fought the Bloodletters in. The Astartes assembled there had already began to construct fortifications, creating a hardpoint in the middle of the hallway.

"Looks like you're keeping yourself busy," Gladio remarked.

Theos looked up to see the 2nd Captain striding towards him. He stood up straight and dusted of his hands.

"Are you finally ready to get your hands dirty? You know, I heard a rumor that great captain Gladio has never once gotten his hands dirty in a fight. That would go lengths to explain your dueling skills."