Chapter 3: Promise Me

*Back to the present*
Marinettes POV

After almost dying on the spot I glanced at the clock, wait I ONLY HAVE 5 MINUTES TO GET TO CLASS!!! After throwing on my usual outfit, I didn't have time to put my hair up. Thank god, I would have died if someone saw my love mark. I darted down the stairs missing 3 and falling, quickly getting right back up to sprint out the door 'no wonder I'm so in shape, I'm almost always late' over come by thoughts I didn't realize that I was about to run into someone, to late to stop I hit them dead on...

"In a rush I see... Need some help?" said a deeper familiar voice.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" I said reaching for the outstretched hand in my face.

"It's totally cool Marinette."

I still couldn't see who it it was with all of my hair in my face, because I left my hair down. As I put my hair behind my ears all I saw was a shocked Adriens face.

"What's wrong?!" I said panicked, was something on my face? In my hair? I followed his gaze to below my left ear, and immediately moved my hair back to its former state so no one could see it. Blushing so much that my face was a deep deep burgundy. 'OH MY GOD HE SAW!!!!'

I decided that I would have to end this really awkward silence between us.

"I h-have to e-explain, b-but not n-now, after c-class, DON'T. TELL. ANYONE." I urged through the stutter that returned to my speech once again. I walked away worrying that he might blab to Alya, who would most definitely try to use this as an excuse to un-mask Chat.

Adriens POV

'OH MY GOD MARINETTE IS MY SOULMATE' I couldn't register anything for a straight 5 minutes. As my mind came back to reality I realized that I was going to be late, I ran into class out of breath.

"Sorry Miss."

I couldn't think about anything else for the rest of the day, but Marinette. That's what the thimble meant, so she does like to sew.

*After school*
Marinettes POV

All day I thought about what I was going to say to Adrien, and I came up with something kind of like a half truth.

I dragged Adrien to a quiet corner of the library to speak with him. This time I was not going to stutter, after all he isn't my soulmate.

"Listen, I know you've figured out that Chat Noir is my soulmate, so I'm not even going to bother with trying to lie to you. You have to promise me that you won't tell anyone. Not even Nino and Alya can know about this."

"What? Why not? Do you not like Chat Noir?" He said with a downcast face.

I was confused by his reaction, "Why does it matter if I like Chat Noir or not?"

Adriens POV

"Why does it matter if I like Chat Noir or not?"
At this I had no idea what to say so I just blurted out some random crap about soulmates.

"Umm, it just makes me sad when people don't love there soulmates, after all they are meant to be together." I sighed seeing that she bought it, after a confused face for a minute.

"So why can't I tell Nino or Alya?"

"Well I would feel really bad if Alya came up with a way to un-mask Chat Noir, because of me, after all her seeing this would turn her blogs attention to un-masking Chat Noir." She said shyly looking at her feet.

"And why not tell Nino?"

"Okay you should know that they tell each other everything, Nino would blab to Alya."

"Fine. I promise. But how are you gonna hide it? Alya is going to get really suspicious if you leave your hair down forever."

"You're right, I'll use makeup, and tell her that I just don't have one."

"Okay but it's going to take a lot of convincing if you're going to tell Alya that you don't have a love mark."

"Well I guess I have to if I'm going to hide it."

"Well that's settled, I have to go now but, I promise I won't tell anyone."

"Thank you so much"

And with that I walked out, as soon as I was out of the school I sprinted to the nearest alley. I decided to get to know Marinette more, and possibly catch her without the makeup on her mark. That way she would know that Chat Noir knows that they are soulmates.

"Plagg, it's time to get on patrol no?"

"What the hell are you talking about it's 5 o'clock! Patrol is at 9! Besides before you do anything I want cheese."

"You don't need it, you just had half a wheel in my bag, Plagg..."

"WAIT!"

"What?"

"This is abuse of your-" Plagg was cut off by Adrien.

"Plagg, Claws Out!"

So this is my longest chapter to date, and I have to say it is kind of a filler, but needed to happen. In the next few chapters things will be heating up a little bit. Also I decided against my better judgement that the DENSITY will not be as bad in this book as I made it out to be. Just to keep the story moving. Thank you for reading my book (if anyone even does) if you do just know that you are deeply appreciated.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Tikki Spots On! 🐞 Plagg Claws Out! 🐾

~Unluckychat