Chapter 10

Manik came back from office early today but couldn't find Nandini anywhere in the house. He became really tensed. No matter how much he pretends but still she mattered a lot to him and suddenly a fear crept in his heart that something might go wrong with her.

He called her twice but she didn't pick up the call. Now his tension crossed all the limits.

After sometime he again tried calling her this time Nandini picked his call.

Before Manik could anything, Nandini told in a cold voice. "What happened? Why are you calling me again and again?"

Hearing Nandini's voice all Manik's tension turned into anger. He was worried about her and she was speaking like this to him. "Where are you? When are you coming back? I've been trying to call you from so long."

"I am not coming back today. I have come to my home," Nandini still replied in the same way which irked Manik a lot.

"Couldn't you tell before that you are not coming back today? Also don't you think you should have informed me before leaving?" Manik shouted from the other side.

"Why are you shouting? We were not supposed to interfere in each other's matters. It's you who have made this rule. Remember that and I am also not allowed to call you at office hour."

Hearing Nandini's words, Manik got back to his senses. He remembered what he was doing. That's not how he was supposed to behave. He was about to speak but stopped hearing starting from other side.  

"Bhai had called me that papa is not well. That's why I come over. Moreover if I am in house or not, it shouldn't bother you. You should be happy that you won't have to see my face. Anyways, I have already cooked your dinner. Warm them and then eat." After that without giving Manik any chance to reply she cut the call.

After Nandini cut the call, Manik kept sitting on the same place for some time. Nandini is not around, this thing was bothering him a lot. But it was not supposed to be like that. He shouldn't feel the way he was feeling. He should be happy that Nandini was not here. But he was not. He was missing Nandini. He was missing her presence in the house.

Badly......

Next day
While coming back from office Manik went to Nandini's place. He didn't have the intention but somehow he just drove towards Nandini's place unconsciously. Maybe that's what his heart and mind wanted. He told everyone that he has come to see Nandini's father. But the thing was he had gone to see Nandini.

After their marriage it was first time when Nandini was not with him and he did not like that at all. He didn't like that empty house without Nandini running around.

Seeing Manik everyone in Nandini's home was happy but Nandini was shocked because she was not at all expecting Manik to come there. She had thought that Manik won't call her again and he wouldn't even care whether she returned their home or not.

After dinner Manik was supposed to leave but he made it clear in mind that he would leave with Nandini only. 

"Nandini, get ready. It's already late. We have to go home." Manik asked Nandini after they were done with their dinner.

Before Nandini could reply Nandini's father and Mukti stopped him.

"Why will you go today? Stay here tonight. You can go tomorrow. You have here for the first time after your marriage."

"Yes, Manik. Papa is right. You can't go today. Also Nandini has come over after such a long time."

"Papa, bhabi, we can't stay today. I have office tomorrow. We will come later." Manik tried convince them politely.