02): Rachel Ennis.

["Night Chances"; One Direction]

     I'm Rachel. Daughter of Marion Dwyer and Justin Ennis. Step daughter of Hank Dwyer and step sister of Patrick Dwyer. Patrick and I are best friends. We're not like Cinderella and her step sisters. We laugh. We joke. We share each other our favorite  songs. Watch the Star Wars movie saga. Basically, Patrick should be my biological brother. My parents got divorced four years ago. My life has been great.

     Until one day, my regular doctor, Dr. Patel told me that I have leukemia. Stage 3. I guess its a good thing that I have no friends because they would leave me because I am dying. The only real best friend I have is Patrick. Mom and Hank decided to ship me off to a hospital in London to have better treatment. Yes, I have to fly to London, U.K. to see Dr. Patel.

     When we arrive at the hospital, A female nurse with long blonde hair with the name of Diana, approaches us.

"You must be Rachel. I'm your nurse Diana but my girlfriends call me Di." Diana says. Funny, Diana has an American accent. Patrick snorts.

"You're gay?" Patrick says.

"No Pat. When a female calls her female best friends, she would referred to them as her girlfriends." I remind him.

"Very impressive, Rachel. Follow me and I show you to your room." Diana says. I turn and give Mom and Pat a quick hug and Hank a fist pump before following Diana down the hall of the oncology ward.

<♡>

     In my room, I fold my clothes and stuff them in my drawer. Going through my back pack, I find a rolled up piece of paper with a red bow wrapped around it. While in unwrapping it, I look at the picture and see it's a picture of me with my IV pole with the caption underneath me that says, Enjoy London, Rachie. This is for you. Patrick. I hang up the picture on my wall with four pieces of tape, above a picture of me and Pat with watermelons as our smiles. The first of many.

     Diana comes in my room with what looks like to be my med cart.

"How are you making in here?" Diana asks.

"Okay."

"Good cause I'm taking you to see the NICU. Bend your arm for me please." Diana orders me and I do as I'm told.

"Okay. I'm now going to insert your chemo in your IV drip."

"Will it hurt?" I ask Diana. I really hate having things poking into my arm.

"Just a little. Once you get used to it, it won't hurt or bother you as much." Diana says. I count to three with my eyes closed, but then I open them and see that my IV is in my arm.

"There. You're done. Is there anything else you want before I hit the sack?" Diana asks me.

"Cherry licorice. For two." I say with a smile. Diana presses a hand up against her heart.

"We're gonna be great friends." Diana says and leaves me in my room. After finishing unpacking my stuff, I wrap my shoulders in a pink woolly sweater, grabbing my bag, and leaving my room. Walking towards the cafeteria, a tall skinny boy with messy black hair comes around the corner and we collide into each other.

"Oh sorry. Um." I say nervously. The boy flashes me his smile which is crooked.

"My bad." He says and I laugh. We try to go other ways but we keep bumping into each other. I laugh awkwardly and find a way to go around him. We turn back and look at each other and when the boy goes to walk away with him still looking at me, he bumps into a wall and I smile at him as he leaves.

*My words in emojis-> 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂*