the beginning

Veronica made her way into the Andrews house, Fred had told her where the spare key was before he left on a business trip to make sure Archie actually fed himself, and went to school for senior year. The girl slowly made her way up the stairs after kicking off her heels, as she slipped upstairs moans became louder.

She froze on the stairs seeing Archie, her boyfriend of two years fucking her best friend of three, both too caught up in the moment to see her.  The raven haired girl took her phone out and filmed the act and as Betty came she stopped the video and left before either could see, but not before she picked up on her boyfriends grunts as he came and a "we need to stop this, it's been months", like a stab to her gut.

She wiped the tears she knew were running down her cheeks and took out her phone, clicking on Cheryl's contact and waiting for the ringing tone to sound. "Hey Vee, you okay?" Veronica let the sound of Cheryl's voice calm her, "no. I'm really not, could you pick me up from outside the Register?" She asks softly, and Cheryl felt her heart break for how utterly defeated Veronica sounded. "Of course, I'll be there in ten."

Veronica thanked Cheryl before she began the walk from Archie's street to the Register, it wasn't a long walk and the cool autumn breeze helped the Latina collect her thoughts. As the newspaper office came in view, Veronica spotted a bench outside that she sat herself on before she placed her chin on her knees from where she pulled her legs up against her chest. 

Time seemed to slow, before Veronica heard the unmistakable sound of Cheryl's convertible pull up and the door open, "honey?" Cheryl's soft voice said and Veronica lifted her head and red rimmed eyes locked onto concerned eyes, "come on let's get you warmed up."

Veronica let herself be led by Cheryl to the car, and knew she was moving on automatic. How could the two of them do that? Not just to her, but to Forsythe too. She could not comprehend why the two of them decided to hurt not just her, but everyone. The entire friend group would be affected by the pairs selfish actions, and she just could not understand why they chose to do it. And clearly from what she heard it was not the first time, which begs the question how long had Betty and Archie been sleeping together?

Cheryl drove towards Sunnyside Apartments, where she came from- the call came through when some of the younger Serpents were meeting at the Jones apartment and everyone there heard the call. And as she left to leave, they all told the redhead to bring Veronica back to the apartment. Cheryl pulled into her usual car space, she wrapped a arm around Veronica and led her into the building. Smiling politely at the doorman Tallboy, before she led Veronica into the elevator which began moving to the penthouse where the Jones family lived.

As the elevator opened Cheryl heard the sound of her friends and the group she left- Antionette or Toni her long term girlfriend, Solomon or Sweetpea as he preferred from anyone he did not consider family, Quentin or Fangs as he preferred, and finally Forsythe Pendleton Jones the Third or Jughead to anyone that was not Veronica.

Still with a secure arm around the clearly fragile Veronica, Cheryl led the girl into the penthouse. Brining the conversation to a abrupt halt when they saw how utterly broken Veronica looked, Toni rushed to her best friends side and led her towards the couch with Cheryl as the three boys shared dark looks- promising pain for whoever had hurt their sweet angel.

"Angel," Sweetpeas sweet voice bought Veronica's whiskey eyes to lock onto his chocolate brown eyes, "what's wrong sweet thing?" He asks, the unasked question of who hanging in the air. Veronica looked at those in the room, the people she trusts without a fault and her eyes lock onto Forsythe. The girl knew he deserved to find out about his girlfriend without his friends presence, "can I talk to Forsythe first? Then I will tell you all, I promise. I just need to talk to you," her voice causes everyone's heart to break. It was so unsure and hurt, the boy in question nodded towards the kitchen where the friends all moved too. Giving Jughead an opportunity to slip into the seat next to Veronica and pull her into his arms securely, knowing this was going to be difficult for her.

"Bean?" He says softly and Veronica smiles at the name, "Fred asked me to check in on Archie. Make sure he eats, sleeps and goes to school type of thing. He told me where the spare key is kept, so I went there today. As I was walking upstairs the closer I got to his room, these sounds were getting louder. Moans. His door was wide open, and I saw him and Betty."

Jughead allows himself to absorb the information, and as he did so Veronica passed her phone to him and he saw what she saw. He clenched his jaw and tightened his grip on Veronica in a reassuring way, "we'll make the pair of them pay. We'll be okay," he whispers into her hair. "As I turned to leave he said they need to stop doing this, it wasn't the first time they cheated on us with each other. It was just the first time they were caught," she mutters and Jughead hums. "I'll tell the others, just know I'm not going anywhere," the eighteen year old reassured and Veronica nodded. "You guys can come back," Jughead calls to their friends who all came in and smiled softly at the sight they were met with.

"What happened?" Fangs asks softly and Jughead kissed Veronica's temple before he turned to their friends, "he cheated, has been for awhile from the sounds of it" Jughead said bluntly, Veronica expected this. Forsythe was always blunt and straight to the point. "That's not all," he said and placed the phone facing up on the table...

all seeing Betty and Archie fucking.

"I'm going to kill that whore of a cousin of mine," Cheryl states venomously and Veronica snorted from her place in Jughead's secure arms, "no. We're going to ruin them in other ways, make it so everyone in this fucking town knows exactly what the pair of them are like. Then I'm going to get violent," Veronica says.

"A Blossom job if I'm not mistaken? Ruining people's reputation," Fangs says turning to Cheryl who nods immediately. That was something all Blossoms are good at, airing people's secrets when they piss them off. "First let me tell Aunt Alice exactly what type of girl dear Elizabeth is," Cheryl says with a horrifying smirk at who was about to be ruined, "Sol you contact Mrs Andrews, she was always a fan of yours. Vee, you'll be telling Fred what his son did to you,"

"Fred adores you Pearl," Toni says "he'll probably disown him for hurting you" she says and Veronica nods from her position, "I'll also get FP up here. He's probably been told by Tallboy that you were upset when you got here and is going to want to know why," the shortest in the room says and Jughead nods thankful for Toni- his honorary sister.

"Quinn could you go to Veronica's house to get some of her stuff together, she'll be staying here for the foreseeable future" Fangs nods and leaves after kissing Veronica's cheek and grabbing his keys, "don't you fucking dare give me that look shortcake, when my dad finds out what has happened he will insist on it." Jughead said,

"-damn right I would boy." FP says walking in with Toni by his side who'd left to tell him what had happened, "you are staying here sweetheart, I won't have my favourite girl being cooped up alone with this happening, you need love and the Jones boys are going to provide it," he says with a soft smile, "now up. We are getting you in bed, plans can continue when you are well rested," he instructs. Veronica follows the orders knowing it was FP showing he cared, and changes into a pair of Jughead's sweatpants and t-shirt before she let herself fall asleep in the room that was hers in the Jones penthouse. Which had a room done up for her, Cheryl and Toni, always in case they ever needed a place to crash. Both Sweetpea and Fangs also live in the Sunnyside Apartment complex so a special room made up for them is not needed.

FP kisses her forehead softly before heading into the main room of the penthouse, "are you okay?" He asks his son immediately and bought him in for a short hug, "you have also been cheated on."

"I'll live, I was going to break up with her on the weekend anyway as you know. Just worried about Ronnie, and then wondering how the kid who has been my best friend since kindergarten could do this to me." He says, and FP nods in understanding.

"She's strong, she will pull through. Plus she has all of us there for her," FP says confidently and Jughead nods.