Chapter Fifteen

1

Age 15

Richie limped up Stan's porch and knocked on his door.

"Stan," Richie heard a faint yell from inside, "can you get the door?"

A few seconds later the front door swung open.

"Heya Rich-" Stan stopped himself mid-word and looked shock, "Richie are you okay?"

"I'm just dandy," Richie sarcastically said.

"What happened?" Stan asked.

"Are you going to let me in or not?" Richie asked.

Stan stepped out of the doorway, "Sorry about that."

"I didn't know where to go," Richie said, "here seemed better than nowhere."

"Stanley who was at the door?" Mrs. Uris came out of the living room, "Oh, Richie, are you alright?"

Richie looked down at himself, his shirt was drenched in blood. His jacket that was around his leg had a huge blood stain.

"I'm totally fine," Richie sarcastically said.

"Donald!" Stan's mom called, "get over here."

Stan's dad appeared from around the corner, "Huh what is it? Oh, do you need a hospital?"

"We need to take him," Stan said.

"Stanley help him outside and into the car, will you?" Stan's mom directed him.

Stan took Richie's arm and put it around his shoulder and helped Richie outside and down the steps and over to the driveway.

"I don't need a hospital," Richie said quietly.

"Yes you do," Stan said, "you are paler than a corpse and it looks like you lost a lot of blood."

"I've survived stuff like this before," Richie said.

"Bullshit," Stan said.

"Stanley!" Mrs. Uris called out as she walked out the door, "Language!"

"Sorry mom," Stan said as he helped Richie into the car.

They got to the hospital under ten minutes.

Richie kept going in and out of consciousness.

"Richie," a scared Stan said as Richie closed his eyes.

Richie didn't respond.

"RICHIE," Stan yelled as he took Richie's shoulder and shook him.

Richie felt a sensation on his shoulder and fluttered his eyes open, "Huh?"

"Richie we're almost there," Stan told him.

"Stan? Stan?" Richie said.

"Yeaha Rich?" Stan asked.

"I think I might be bleeding, just a tad bit," Richie laughed. Richie's laugh turned into a more laughing coughing hybrid.

"Shut up," Stan said, "you're injuries are serious."

"Not as serious as my crush is on your mom," Richie laughed which turned into coughing again.

"You need to stop," Stan said, "your jokes are worse when you're dying."

"Hey I try," Richie said as they got to the hospital.

Stan helped Richie out of the car and helped him limp inside and to the desk.