Empathy

I woke up at 5:02 and put on a t-shirt and jeans. I then put my hair in a high ponytail. I got up and walked out of my cell to see everyone preparing for the meeting we have with the governor.

Daryl handed me a rifle and a bag of supplies that might come in handy. I put the bag on my back and put the rifle strap on my shoulder. Rick was focused and determined to get this over with. I was scared and most of all confused. Why does he want to hurt innocent people? We have children here and he has a whole community.

Soon we were all ready. I gave everyone a hug with everyone else. I gave Carl a hug last and he gave me a flower. "Thanks bud." I smiled and pat his head. Then we all got in the car and left. I was on the front while Rick was driving. Daryl rode his bike behind us.

Rick looked at me for a second then looked back at the road. I looked down at the flower Carl gave me. What if it doesn't work? What if he wants to ruin our lives more than he already has? I then turned my attention to the window I looked out and saw the green trees and a few dead people on the side of the road. I felt Ricks hand lock with mine. This was life now.

•••

Rick parked the car by the abandoned building we were meeting the governor at. I got out of the car and met with Daryl. After a few seconds of planning of entry if goes wrong we hear a car engine. I turn around and tighten the grip of my rifle.

The governor slips out of the truck. "I only want Rick."

Rick nods and then takes me into a deep embrace. We let go of each other and they walk in the building. Two men come out of the truck next. Then Andrea comes out. I rolled my eyes when I saw her, she let us down. She didn't kill him like she said she would.

"Who are you?" Daryl asked the men.

"Martinez." One of the men answered. He had a rifle in his hand and a cigarette in his mouth.

"Milton." The other man with glasses answered.

"You a doctor?" I asked him.

"I guess you could say that."

"Great, he brought his butler." Daryl joked then turned with his crossbow to wait for Rick.

Andrea stayed with me most of the time. It was mostly silence. Then Martinez started talking to Daryl and then they start killing walkers that come along.

It was an hour since they got in there. We were sitting out with no conversation. I then saw the governor walk out of the building with a straight face. He got into his truck with Martinez, Milton, and Andrea.

Rick came out and immediately hugged me. He whispered in my ear. "I'm okay."

Daryl gets on his bike and we get into the car. We then drove off and Rick tells me everything. "He wants the prison. He said he'll fight for it and won't stop until he has it."

"The prison is our home. That's the only place that's safe for Judith right now." I said.

"I know." He whispered. "He said if we give him Michonne then he will leave us alone."

My eyes go wide. "You aren't really considering taking her to him are you?"

"I don't know." He answered.

•••

I walked into my cell and put my stuff down on my bed. I sat on my bed and pinched between my eyes in frustration. I heard someone walk in and I put my head up. I saw Beth stand there slightly smiling at me when I look at her. "Hey, you okay?" She said.

"Yeah." I smiled. Beth sat on her bed and fixed her ponytail.

"So you an Rick huh?" She said while smiling.
I could feel my face getting red.

"I don't know what we are." I said.

She laughed and said, "You have to give me details. How come you never told me?"

Beth was like a little sister to me so I had to tell her. I told her everything about the first kiss at the farm and then the make out yesterday. Ever since we have been closer.

I would love to have a relationship with him but I don't know how he feels about it and how Carl would feel. Would the relationship last long? Before I knew it dinner was ready. I walked out and grabbed a plate. I ate my dinner and helped with dishes. Dishes were always peaceful.

I finished and dried my hands. I walked out to get fresh air before I try and sleep. I leaned my back against the wall and looked up at the stars. I knew my constellations well. I saw Pieces right above me. I saw Scorpio going to the west and Taurus going north.

I look over and see Rick walking towards me. He puts his arm around me and I snuggle into his chest as we look up at the stars. "Judith smiled today." I said. He looked down at me and I looked up to meet his eyes. "She did?" He asked.

"Yes, right after I fed her."

He chuckles and kisses my forehead.

"Can you see the constellations?" I asked.

"I don't know them well." He answered.

I smiled and pointed out where they were. "I was always fascinated with them. So I learned all about them."

"Tell me about before, before everything." He said.

"Well, I owned a flower shop that I inherited from my mother. I met a guy and went on a few dates and learned how to speak his language and he learned how to speak mine. He was from Spain so I helped him and we soon dated. He then cheated on me and I decided to forgive him. Then he cheated on me again and I left him. I lived with my friend Callie until all this started." I paused and started tearing up. "Callie didn't make it. She was taken right out of my arms." Tears started to pour down my cheek.

Rick lifted my head and wiped the tears. "We have all lost people."

I cried into his chest and he held me close. "I'm sorry I'm getting tears on your shirt."

He laughed and I joined. We then got cold and decided to go inside. Everyone was in bed. I started walking away to my cell. I felt his eyes on me as I walked. "Goodnight Grimes." I said.

"Goodnight Angel." He said. I laughed and walked into my cell.

I slipped my shoes off and slipped my knife under my pillow. I let my hair out of my ponytail and brushed it. I stretched and yawned. It has been a long day but we got the meeting over with. I laid down on my bed and thought.

I'm in love with Rick Grimes.

(Edited)