Thirty- Nine

The way both women scrambled at each other on the floor left Waverly terrified. They were waving the gun around as they each tried to subdue the other to retrieve it.
She'd shouted at her mother three times so far to have her submit, to ensure that no one got hurt but she refused to listen. For a moment she even contemplated intervening but her aunt advised her against it.

"We need to move before that gun goes off," Harper explained, her eyes bloodshot red due to the fact that she was crying. Just like her, Waverly knew the sight pained her heart, also the shocking revelation.

"Where are we going to go, the police are almost here?"

"I just need you to move away from all of this." Harper nudged her off, wiping her nose as she sniffed.

Behind, Ryn was sat on top of Therese trying to pry her hands from around hers that held the gun. They had been tumbling around for a few minutes, and tirelessly the older woman continued to wrestle her.

"Why are you still fighting me," Ryn groaned. "The cops are practically here already."

"I'm not going to jail and I mean it. If somehow I do, I'm making sure that you go somewhere dark, and quiet forever." Therese growled.

Ryn saw the flash of anger across Therese's face before a fist connected above her eye. Falling sideways hitting the ground, she clutched the spot that now throbbed.

"Fuck!" She groaned.

Therese bolted off trying to find somewhere she could use as a short cut to get out of the compound and maybe into a back alley or something.
As she ran the sound of the sirens came closer and closer causing every nerve in her body to go off like crazy.

Shaking off the stars she saw in her vision, Ryn scrambled to her feet and bolted behind Therese. Harper and Waverly gazed as she ran off and they both stared wide-eyed.

"Someone's going to get hurt," Waverly whispered.

"Don't say that. I'm sure Ryn's going to do her best not to hurt her."

"I never meant Therese."

Harper's face stayed blank, she knew what her niece was getting at and it was possible. Only God knew what her sister would do to Ryn.

Trying to push the alarming realization to the back of her mind, she and Waverly walked around from behind the buildings to meet the police.
Their sirens indicated that they were already there and she knew it was just time before they started swarming the place.

"Don't say anything to the cops about what your mom said to you. If they ask why you were here, just tell them that she wanted to see you before she left and before you know it Ryn and I was here."

"So I'm not to say a thing about everything else she told me."

"No, that's going to be between us."

"Okay,"

Continuously praying for the safety of both women, Harper tightened her grip around Waverly's arm as they walked.
They were almost to the front of the factory's compound when a number of police officers in heavily armed gears pulled up to them.

"Put your hands where we can see them!"

An officer yelled and both girls complied. The officers ushered towards them and instantly Harper noticed the two detectives that were at her office.

"Ms Neil?" The pudgy one came closer after recognizing her, silently pleading with his partner and the back up to stand down. They weren't the ones they came looking for and Harper sighed a breath of relief.