Chapter eight

(i really feel like i shouldn't like this picture as much as i do ^)

You heard the door to the kitchen creak open. You spun around, attempting to hide the tube of raw cookie dough behind your back. You saw Alastor standing there, a slightly confused look in his eyes. "Hello, my dear," he greeted you. "Hhellow!" you said, voice muffled by the giant bite of cookie dough. You chewed nervously. "Hey (y/n), have you seen the- oh hey Al!" Domino greeted Alastor, walking out of the pantry. "Hello," Alastor said. "(Y/n), have you seen the flour? There was a 5 pound bag of it in there and now it's gone," Domino asked you. You swallowed your bite of cookie dough. "Nope, haven't seen it. Maybe ask Charlie," you told them. They stared at your arm which was tucked behind your back,attempting to hide the cookie dough from view. "Y'know, they say that when you're in love with someone, you start acting like that person," they told you quietly with a look at Alastor who also had his arm behind is back. "It's fricken cookie dough!" you told Domino, showing them the half-eaten tube. "You shouldn't eat that raw. It's got eg-" they were cut off. "I know, ya dummy. I've eaten more tubes of this stuff than I can count," you told them, gently knocking them over the head with it teasingly. Domino shrugged and walked towards the kitchen door. 

You put the cookie dough in the freezer and turned back to Domino. Then, they made a really gutsy move. Reaching up, Domino pinched Alastor's cheek. "See ya later, Radio Ga Ga," they said. Alastor looked down at Domino, his eyes black with little red radio dials. Domino stared at Alastor for a moment and then continued out the door, occasionally looking behind themself in fear. Alastor shook his head and looked back at you, eyes back to normal. "That little shit is ballsy," you remarked. "What did they call me?" Alastor asked, looking confused. "Radio Ga Ga is a song, and they thought they could be really funny to call you that," you explained. You remembered how Domino was scared shitless when Alastor first arrived, and they began getting more comfortable with him being around. Too comfortable. "So, uh, what do you need?" you asked Alastor. He cleared his throat before speaking. "Angel Dust hit his head on the wall somehow, so he needs something cold for the injury," he told you. You laughed a bit at the thought of Angel hitting the wall. "I wish I could've been there to see his reaction," you said, digging through the freezer for an ice pack. "Some choice words were thrown about, along with four obscene gestures at the wall," Alastor explained. You laughed, picturing Angel cussing out the wall with four middle fingers for it. You felt the ice pack and grabbed it, walking across the kitchen to hand it to Alastor. In one, cliche, Hallmark movie-esque moment, your fingers touched his. You tried not to react to it. "Thank you, my dear,"  Alastor said, walking out of the kitchen. "You're welcome," you said, loud enough for him to hear you but not too loud. You placed your hand on the metal countertop and sighed. That moment was so cliche it was cheesy.

{Time Skip}

"And so (Y/n) told the druggie, 'You better fuck off or you won't see another drug again'!" Domino said with a laugh. You raised your hands up (like ¯\_(o_o)_/¯). "How was that a funny story?" you asked them. "I thought it was fricken hilarious when you told that guy off!" they said. "It wasn't really," you corrected them. They shrugged.

Tonight the whole staff of the hotel went out to dinner. You weren't sure why, but Charlie said it would be really fun. Husk recommended a steakhouse, and that's where you all went. There was a catch: there was a casino in the steakhouse. That's why he wanted to go. So, Husk was at the poker table, while the rest of the Hazbin "gang" were sitting at a table, having dinner. You were happy, and having fun, but there was an underlying nervousness. You had to handle knives really carefully, and hold them in a certain way to avoid a flashback to your past life. Domino knew how to snap you out of it before you caused physical or mental harm to yourself or anyone else.