prologue

• Dedicated to Lily Collins, Lee Pace, Logan Lerman, Evangeline Lilly and Dominic Monaghan

'Okay. So, the gate is locked and were all stuck together. Let's get to know each other.' Sam says.

They're all sitting in a circle in the living room of the house. There's only one candle which makes the room even creepier.

'Okay, I'll go first. My name is Emily Withmaker. I'm 25 years old. I come from Liverpool and I'm a journalist.' Emily has long, wavy brown hair and brown eyes. She's wearing a pair of black trousers and a brown shirt. Next to her sits Connor. Connor has messy dark brown hair and blue eyes. He's wearing a pair of brown trousers, a white t-shirt and a blue shirt.  Next to Connor sits Nick. Nick has messy brown hair and blue eyes. He's wearing a pair of black trousers, a dark blue t-shirt and a black vest. Next to him sits Carly. Carly has long, curly brown hair and green eyes. She's wearing a pair of black jeans, a blue top and a blue scarf. Next to Carly, sits Kate. Kate has long, wavy, curly brown hair and blue eyes. She's wearing a pair of jeans and a black-white striped pullover. Next to Kate sits Sam. Sam has messy brown hair and blue-grey eyes. He's wearing a pair of white trousers and a blue shirt.

'And what were you doing in New Zealand?' Connor asks Emily

'I had to interview the owner of this house.'

'Nice job.' Nick says sarcastic

'Okay, now it's your turn.' Emily says to Connor.

'So, my name is Connor O'Grey. I'm 43 years old. I'm from Canada but I live in Chicago and I'm a history teacher.'

'And what were you doing in New Zealand?' Kate asks him.

'I was on holiday. I climbed Mount Cook and I discovered this valley and this house. Now it's your turn.' Connor says to Nick.

'Okay, I'm Nick Stonetrash. I'm 22 years old. I'm from Belgium but I live in Australia and I'm a scientist.'

'And what were you doing here Nick?' Carly asks.

'I wanted to get some samples of this hidden valley and I saw light in this house so I came here. Your turn.' Nick says to Carly.

'I'm Carly Austin. I'm 35 years old. I'm from Australia but I live in New York and I'm a fashion designer.'

'And what were you doing here?' Emily asks.

'I was on vacation and I'm very adventurous. So, that's how I ended up here. And you?' Carly asks Kate.

'I'm Kate Merrywheater. I'm sixteen years old and I come from Los Angeles.'

'What were you doing in New Zealand? Don't you have school?' Connor asks.

'I'm not at school anymore. And I came to this house for inspiration for 6 of the legend part 6.' Kate says.

'6 of the legend?! As in: the best selling book series in the world written by Kate Undomiël?' Emily asks.

'That's my pseudonym.'

'OH MY FUCKING GOD!' Emily yells.

'And who are you?' Kate asks Sam.

'I'm Sam Von Stein. I'm 38 years old. I'm from Germany but I live in Scotland and I'm a musician.' 

'You're Sam Von Stein?!' Emily asks.

'Yes Emily. He is. And what were you doing here Sam?' Kate asks.

'I needed inspiration for a new song and I thought the fresh air and the landscapes could help. And then I saw this house so I came here.' Sam says.

'So, I'm stuck in a house with two famous people, a scientist, a fashion designer and a history teacher. Great!' Emily says sarcastic.