11. A Heart-to-Heart

"My miseries aren't your.. Josie."
And looked at Josie like she did something wrong, she Josie was suffering not Hope.

Josie not knowing what to say, just sat there, leaning her forehead on Hope's.

They both could feel each other's breath on them. And it was comfortable. Made both of them calm.

They don't know how long they stayed that way but after a couple of minutes or who knows how long!!!? They release the other from their embrace.

"I think, it's too much crying for a day, "Hope said trying to lighten the mood, and whipping her tears.

"Even for you !!"Josie raised her eyebrow.

"For both of us !" Now whipping  Josie tears.

They both got up.

"You should eat now," Josie said.
"Unless you wanted this one to go wasted, and Starve yourself to death" emphasis on the last part.

Hope chuckles "it would have been nice  to have that option ."

Josie just pouted.
"So you would just leave me . ?"
They stare at each other's eyes, it was so comfortable. Yet, Josie cute pout face showed how angry the comment made her.

A loud bang outside, everybody is laughing, that's probably the end of dinner, and everyone is coming upstairs.

Realizing they just miss the dinner.

"You know, we could just share this,??" 

"Hope..."

"unless you don't want to eat with me!!! And don't worry I will understand, I'm fine with it."

Josie would see that Hope wants her company, desperate for it. But Hope being Hope will always push people away.

"I could use some food if you don't mind sharing with me ?..."Josie looked directly at Hope's eyes.

Hope, just looked at Josie and noded, that's all, what all the conformation Josie needs.
She took Hope's hand and led to her bed, then went to get the study table, both used when they were children.

Josie was a bit surprised, to see it is in the same place. She then laid the food tray on the mini-study table and sat opposite Hope.

Hope kept staring at Josie, with red tearful eyes. It seems like they don't know how to look away. Josie knew Hope was really hungry if she actually admitted it. So she took some food and offered it to Hope, she just came forward and opened her mouth. Josie was confused for a moment but then fed the girl.

Hope was more into staring than eating, resulted in chocking. Josie got up then offered a glass of water to Hope. After drinking the water, "Now can we get back to eating, I'm really hungry !!"

"Of course... Please .." Hope chuckled.

After about a few minutes, "You know, you could just dive into this, don't have to maintain the formality for my sake !!"

Hope narrowed her eyes.

Josie just took a sandwich put more than half of it in Hope's mouth. By the time Hope got the change to say another word, Josie put the rest of the sandwich into Hope's mouth. And started smiling.

Hope finished the food in her mouth. Josie was already holding another sandwich."So well mannered or just like old times ??" Josie question with a smirk.

Hope smiled and opened her mouth.
...
..

After finishing the dinner, mostly by Hope.

"I think this was neither. It was new."