A Strange Night

"I don't get this gabrielle. Where is the sense in it. Being dressed as a ghost or what ever this should be "she pointed at some little kids who were running across the road holding some bags in their hands and knocking on a door. The Bard grinned amused and shook her head" its called halloween Xena. Children get dressed as scary as possible and collecting sweets. Did you never got dressed as a child and walked around for sweets?" She nudged her friend gently on her arm who gently rubbed the Spot and frowned a little at the shorter woman " No, i was in bed or helping my mother in her inn" the bard tilted her head in disbelief but with a slight grin on her taller friend " you never celebrated Halloween?"

" Well no? Whats the point in doing it? I don't need to get dressed like a Monster when i see them every day. And caries isn't very attraktive i love my teeth " replied the warrior flatly

The Warrior Bard rolled her eyes desperated and sighed loudly" you are so infuriating sometimes" chuckled Gabrielle

The warrior decided to ignore the remark of her campanion and looked around for something " i hope he didn't called us for nothing like the last time" said the Brunette with a little growl. "Trick or treat!!" Shouted a masked figure who suddenly jumped infront of them. Xena had Problems to calm the scared mare who was pulling on the reins in panic. With a furious face she turned to the child and pressed the reins against gabrielles chest.

The bard didn't expected that but took them into her hands and watched how her girlfriend turned her attention to that little child with an aggressive mood " listen up! If you ever scare my horse ever again i'll give you a real reason to be scared!" The young Boy gulped and ran as fast as he could away. " Xena!" She said shocked" this is just a child. You can't just frightening them like that" The warrior princess wasn't really listening she was already done with all this Nonsense she exhaled deeply and placed her hands on her hips turning over to Gabrielle " Child or not no one scares or touches my horse and now i just want to find this tavern right now because i want to leave as quick as possible again"

" you two aren't from here right?" Requested a woman who was standing next to them, packing her booth together. Xena wanted to say something but Gabrielle just shutted her up and stepped infront of the Warrior princess " excuse me my Name is Gabrielle and this is my friend Xena we are looking for the old tavern. A friend called us because here are because of some Problems " The woman snorted sarcastical and shook her head" a Problem? You're really not from here missy. This place is the hell on earth you two can't do nothing about it. Even if your best friend might be the mighty warrior princess. We are cursed" she reasoned and seemed even more on edge when the moon started to appear on the star less night sky

" Is that a challenge?"stepped the woman in Black armour further and pushed Gabrielle gently aside " You think I am just a old crazy woman but this will make you believe in nightmares because you are already in one deary" for xena was this a clearly threat towards her and her face turned into a furious expression" Fine challenge excepted " growled the tall Brunette

" come one just lets go and find Joxer. We'll find this tavern also without her help " interwined the bard and shoved her friend gently backwards from the womans stand who was still cackling in a weird way " you will see.
They are watching you and they will get you. Be aware warrior princess!" And this old crow should be right.

Somewhere in a tree not far from this loomy town was a creature, wirh yellow glowing eyes, watching the newcomers closely and vanished into the dark of the forest.