Chapter 18

Mads and Damon stumbled into the motel room. After Madeline dropped that bomb, Damon didn't believe her until she drunkenly started reenacting his life. Now, he just doesn't know what to think.

Madeline literally flopped onto the bed, "I like these clouds, they are fluffy," Madeline said as she started to try to get under the covers.

Damon walked over to his full bed, and just sat down, "Go to sleep," Damon said.

"I don't want to sleep, there are wolves in my dreams," Madeline said to Damon, "My clothes are so heavy," she said and began to unbutton her jeans.

Damon jumped out of his bed and grabbed the nearest blanket and threw it on top of her so he wouldn't see her take off her clothes, even though he wanted to see it badly, "As much as I would love to see you undressed, you're too drunk," he said and than walked over to her duffle bag and threw her pajama shorts and a top. He turned toward the wall, to allow her to change in private.

"Why are you looking at a wall?" Madeline asked as she attempted to put her shorts on. She was awkwardly falling everywhere.

"Attempting to be a gentleman, but the longer you take the harder it is for me, pun intended," Damon grunted, still looking at the wall. It was so hard for him knowing that Madeline was behind him naked.

"Says the serial killer vampire," Madeline said finally getting her shorts on, now onto the shirt, "You are a cucumber."

"Do you mean Conundrum?" Damon asked getting really impatient. Madeline finally put her shirt on and walked over to Damon. She poked him in the butt. Damon turned around really fast, "Do you know it is dangerous to sneak up on a vampire?"

"If you wanted me dead I would be," Madeline attempted to be sexy.

"Yet," Damon said, taking a few steps toward Madeline. He leaned his face down toward her, so close they were almost kissing. Madeline took a huge breathe in. They were silent for what like forever, until Damon ruined it, "Go to bed," and he pulled away.

Madeline was a little disappointed. She wanted him to kiss her so bad, and he knew it, "Way to ruin the fun," Madeline said and walked over to her bed and flopped down.

"Says the girl who almost got us kicked out of the bar," Damon said and covered Mads with a blanket.

"I did not," Mads slurred as she wrapped herself in the blanket and went into the fetal position.

"I had to compel the bar owner to let you stay," Damon said as he brushed some of her hair behind her ear. Madeline looked up at him.

"Can you lay with me?" Madeline asked with so much innocence in her doe eyes that Damon could not say no. He moved over to the opposite side of her bed and layed down above the covers. Madeline turned over so that her face was against his chest. That was how they fell asleep.

________

The sun was officially set and the moon was out. Emma sat on the couch with Caroline's head resting in her lap. It has been 8 hours since she died, and she was growing impatient for her to wake up. Emma was beginning to get worried that the blood wasn't in her system long enough for her to turn, or that Desi Muth gave her fake blood.

"Emma you need to eat," Stefan said walking into the living room. The first time Emma was here, she and Madeline crash landed and had to run away so they didn't get caught. She always loved the Salvatore house, but now it was masked in misery.

"Stop pretending to be my parent, you lost that opportunity," Emma snapped at him , "Just go, I can handle this."

"Emma, I get that your mad, but that doesn't mean you should put your life in danger," Stefan said, not knowing what to say. He didn't know how to handle a moody teenager.