13) .The Doctor's Fancy.

.The Doctor's Wife.

~Catherine Wood~

We had crashed in some sort of graveyard. Well, junkyard, but I recognized the parts of TARDIS's all over the yard. I was completely right. This was indeed a trap. And yet, I still didn't say anything. I probably should have. It would have saved us a lot of trouble, but I wondered if whatever was blocking me wasn't allowing me to warn the Doctor of things. It hadn't with the Siren and I hadn't had any gift of the sight, so I stood silent, looking at the graveyard with solemn eyes.

"So what kind of trouble's your friend in?" Amelia asked, wandering through the yard, picking up a piece of wiring and throwing it back down with carelessness.

"He was in a bind," the Doctor told her, examining the pieces for himself. It seemed as though he hardly noticed the fact that they were TARDIS pieces, though something in the back of his mind must have noticed because his continuance matched mine. "A bit of a pickle," he continued. "Sort of distressed."

"Ah, you can't just say you don't know," Amelia pointed out. 

I laughed.

"But what is this place?" Rory wondered, looking around as well. "The scrap yard at the end of the universe?"

"Not end of, outside of," said the Doctor.

I rolled my eyes. "It's completely on the edge of the Universe, he's just being ominous. It's quite like a bubble hanging onto a larger bubble. Almost like a parasite on the Universe. Something another universe created, but it fell off and latched onto ours."

"Yes, but nothing like that at all."

His silliness was making me slightly irritated. I loved when he made things complicated for Amelia and Rory, but right now, the Doctor was trying to avoid the obvious, and he didn't even realize that he was. I really did want to say something, warn him maybe, but something in me kept my mouth shut, so I went along with his silliness, and let him be happy before the inevitable happened.

"Completely drained," the Doctor sighed, petting the TARDIS's wooden side. "Look at her. She'll probably refuel just by being here. Now, this place. What do we think, eh?" the Doctor threw a rock in the air and I gracefully caught it in the air. 

"Gravity's just point ten percent less than Earth's, air's breathable, though lacks the normal amount of Nitrogen a human needs. And it smells like-"

"Armpits," Amelia complained.

"Yeah, armpits," the Doctor agreed.

I shrugged. "I was going to say death, but sure, that works too."

"What about all of this stuff?" Rory wondered, indicating to the graveyard around him. "Where did this come from?"

"Well, there's a rift," said the Doctor. "Now and then stuff gets sucked through it. Not a bubble, a plughole. The universe has a plughole and we've just fallen down it."

"Like I said, bubble on the edge of a bigger bubble," I added again.

"Thief!" a new call came. "Thief, you're my thief!"

A woman ran around a mountain of trash, throwing herself into the Doctor's arms. He was hesitant to catcher, but caught her all the same, a wide look in his eyes. He gave me a panicked look, but there was nothing much I could do other than take a few steps closer to him just in case the woman in his arms did anything dangerous.

"She's dangerous," another woman called, coming into view. "Guard yourselves."

"Look at you!" the first woman shouted, looking the Doctor up and down as if she knew him. "Goodbye. No, not goodbye. What's the other one?"