Happenstance

The night sky above Hawkins, Indiana was the clearest it had been in weeks. The rolling storms coming in and out of Indiana had been picking up since the beginning of the month and were becoming more and more random. News Stations had been failing the predict the weather more often than not and Dustin had had enough of it.

His bike blew past small trees and bushes as he peddled vigorously down the black road, with only a small flashlight mounted to his bike. He had on long blue jean pants complimented with a dark puke green Jacket. His head wrapped in wires, tied to a headset he was wearing. The wires lead into his backpack that sported a 3 foot Antenna standing erect out the back zip pocket. Behind him is a Silver Suitcase, tightly strapped down via shoe laces

"This is Copper Tiger, reporting for the third time. Where are you two! Tonight's the only night I can set up my Notdoppler and I'm NOT waiting for you. Over!"

Dustin Huffed up the steep hill and almost cleared the top before planting his feet and catching his breath. He got off his bike and started to walk the rest of the Hill.

When suddenly a Car appeared over the top of the Hill, just 50 feet ahead of Dustin, lights blaring through the darkness. It paralyzed him like a deer. For a moment Dustin stood there realizing his situation and taking in the brights.
The Car swerved, doing a complete 180 and sliding towards Dustin. Screeching tires pierced the black air. The Cars back side spun and swiped Dustin's bike far off the road but missed him. He watched the car slide backwards toward the side of the road until the trunk smashed into a tree. 

Dustin snapped Into reality. His hands searching his body for proof he was still there. He sighed. His eyes widened and he fumbled to pull up the headset that was dangling to his side from his backpack.

"This is Cop-Copper Tiger".
Dustin catches his breaths, staring at the crashed vehicle. Backside wrecked into a tree, lights shining brightly into Dustin's eyes.
"I WAS JUST ALMOST KILLED! THIS MAD MAN ALMOST HIT ME WITH HIS CAR. HE DESTROYED MY NOTDOPPLER-".

Suddenly the lights flickered and Dustin heard a door crack open. He went silent. His eyes were still adjusting. He couldnt see anything ahead of him.
"Hey! Are you crazy?? You coulda killed me!"

Dustin stumbled closer to the car, his eyes still adjusting when his radio went off.
"Dustin? This is Star Command. Where are you? Over" Mike questioned.
He jumped, clutching his heart.
"Mike! I almost just died!"
Dustin shifted his focus on the sound of shaking leaves getting further away.
"Hello? Hey! Where are you going!".
Dustin reached the car, driver side door open. There was no one inside. He opened the door completely too look in. It was covered in blood, so much blood. It looked like ten people had died in it. He stumbled back and fell to ground.

"Dustin? Dustin? Are you there? Who're you talking too?"

Dustin laid there on the dirt and rocks, traumatized. His eyes afixed on the interior when he then spotted something on the window. Something written in blood. It was two lines, side by side. Eleven.