CHAPTER 14

MATTHEW P.O.V
                 Before I could register it, Sara's lips were on mine. Her lips weren't moving but they felt... different. Like nothing I've ever kissed before. Sensational,  beautiful and soft. Alice's lips couldn't even compare. Oh shit! Remembering about my girl, I backed away from Sara quickly and the awkward tension began. Luckily the kiss occurred in inside where no one was there. Looking at Sara's smooth, beautiful face, I could tell that she was going to panic. She cursed multiple times under her breath before pacing around. Don't know why, but she looked gorgeous even when she was nervous. Stop it Matt! Think of Alice! Luckily that helped because I was more calm than before.

           "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" Sara was really cute when it came to apologies.  Alice, Alice,  Alice. "I don't know-"

           "Don't worry, I understand," honestly, I didn't.  I don't know why she did that, even though she knew her best friend has a history with me. Oh fuck, what's  wrong with me? "Let's just keep this between us because I'm pretty sure that if Alice found out, she'd rip your hair and for me, she'd punch my um..." I cut it off at that, but Sara understood.

             Whatever happens, I had to make sure that I don't develop feelings for Sara because it seems like I'm chasing after Christie's ex best friend and her if-i-do-it-then-she'd-be-the-future-ex best friend. There's something weird going on because everything goes back to Christiana.

--------------
             The next day, I was feeling confused. With Sara,  Alice and all that crap. Also how my current love situations are linked with Christiana. In fact, I didn't speak to her for a while. Curiously,  I walked away from the now-relaxed Sara and looked for Christie. When I saw her, I was... confused? She was by the tables, making origami with the younger years. There's something different about Christie. I just don't whether it's good or bad.

           Not sure about what to say, I walked towards her. The closer I got, the more I recognized who she was with. She was with Agathe and Izzy, her best friends that are three years younger than her. They developed a friendship over the years. I remember that when Christie and I were together, Agathe demanded to be the maid of honour, even though we were too young. Also, I remembered when Izzy said I was hot but she didn't want to ruin my relationship with Christie so she kept quiet. Also she liked a boy in her form called Thomas, so he kept her emotions bottled until they went.

                "Umm... hey," Agathe and Izzy looked up instantly, but I knew Christie hesitated before looking at me. This is real hypocritical of me, because I told her to leave me alone, yet here I was.  But by the look of Christie's face, I knew that she wasn't her bitchy self today. She seemed... expressionless. This was a side of her I never saw before. She had her black wavy hair tied in a messy bun and she was wearing a sort of... floral hippie top. Yep, this was definitely her from a new

                    "Hey." She, Agathe and Izzy all turned around and went back to focusing on their origami. When I peered over Christie's shoulder, I saw that Agathe and Izzy were making flowers, whereas she was doing a broken heart. Well this wasn't going to plan. Screw that, I had no plan.
                "Can I speak to you,  privately?" I awkwardly asked.  To make it more weird, both Izzy and Agathe awed me. Thanks, guys. That's really helpful.
                 Christie sighed before nodding. She stood up and followed me to the gazebo, which wasn't that far. When we got there, she lazily sat down at gave me the most pressurising look. Well here goes nothing.

                "You know our... encounter at the park?" She nodded. So far so good. "You haven't actually done anything to... you know, harm my current relationship with Alice, have you?"