02

a sudden and pronounced inhalation of oxygen managed to curtail the rapid pace of her breath, offering a brief respite from her otherwise profuse breathing

a sudden and pronounced inhalation of oxygen managed to curtail the rapid pace of her breath, offering a brief respite from her otherwise profuse breathing. as the wintry night's chill swept over her, it tenderly stirred her delicate skin, eliciting shivers that, rather unexpectedly, brought a sense of sheer euphoria.

despite the encroaching cold's impact on her, she paid little heed to its grasp, as the captivating scenery unfolding before her held a far greater significance in that particular moment, overshadowing concerns for her immediate well-being.

"azure, you are not to leave the house. imagine if you were to fall ill."

with a voice both rough and velvety, he remarked, accompanied by a weary sigh. his slender hand rested upon his temple, gently stroking his skin in an attempt to alleviate his headache.

meanwhile, his pale red eyes gazed down at the trembling girl, who tilted her head inquisitively upon encountering the tall figure clad in a black suit.

he turned his head away, deliberately avoiding the girl's captivating gaze, her eyes shimmering like the stars.

"i just wanted to see the stars," she murmured softly, her voice a gentle whisper.

her gaze shifted from the towering man to the night sky above. as her long hair swayed in the chill breeze, her delicate fingers idly toyed with the fabric of her clothing. "you never let me out anyways," she whispered to herself, yet the man who had drawn near heard her words distinctly.

"it's not safe." he replied, his fingertips tenderly brushing the side of her face. azure met his gaze with affection, her eyes contentedly shut as she leaned into his caress, the faint blush warming her cheeks.

"but you'll keep me safe, won't you?" she withdrew from his touch, her fingers finding the rough horns atop her head. these horns, unyielding against her delicate skin, pricked her with their rigid edges as she held onto them.

"douma said -1 points because of my horns, what does he mean by that?," she questioned. muzan remained silent, though his eyes displayed a subtle gleam. his jaw tightened at the mention of douma, leaving no doubt that he intended to address the matter with him later.

azure released her grasp on the horns and turned her head towards muzan. a small sigh escaped her lips, and a shiver coursed through her as the cold wind swept over her. her eyes shimmered as she gazed at him, but gradually, her vision began to blur, and her breath quickened.

"mu, i'm cold."

"i know you are."

azure's eyes gradually drooped, her form swaying in response to the frigid air. in an instant, her body started to tilt backward.

she was far from an ordinary demon—able to walk beneath the sun's rays and graced with the beauty of an otherworldly being. nevertheless, her vulnerability to injury and illness was evident.

before her body could reach the cold snow, slender hands quickly held her in place. his crimson-peach coloured eyes, initially devoid of emotion, softened ever so slightly.