What Merry Madness

It took me a minute to remember that I was, in fact, kissing Laxus in one of the most public places I could imagine as we were surrounded by those who may not have been appreciative of the PDA.

Don't get me wrong, there were all sorts of appreciative feelings swirling through my body because of the heady kiss, but that didn't change the facts of the situation.

Perhaps there was a moment of complete silence, perhaps not, all I knew was that after a moment I was torn from Laxus' arms as a squeal injured my eardrums, "I knew it!" Ever screeched as she hugged me tightly enough for all my bones to creak, "Why did you not tell me about this, Ember?!"

The haze that covered my mind as I was removed from Laxus faded and I immediately flushed to the darkest shade of red. Bickslow and Freed were also nearby, but they seemed to be grilling Laxus rather than me. 

Thank god for that.

I sputtered out a weak response as I looked around, looking for someone... Anyone to distract from this lovely situation. 

The old man was the first person I saw, though he wasn't about to help my situation. The shit-eating grin that was plastered on his face was a dead giveaway that he was just as excited about this new development as the rest of the Thunder God Tribe.

The rest of the Fairies seemed to be no better. Anyone who knew me at all looked shocked, Gajeel was in the process of rolling his eyes so hard they were in danger of falling out of his skull, Squeaky was probably redder than I was as she emitted a squeal that could only be heard by dogs.

The drinker was toasting me with a terrifying grin on her face and everyone who had been against me looked beyond confused.

And, of course, there was Happy, who seemed to be staring between Laxus and I with a look that told me that he wasn't sure whether to be excited or disgusted.

Sure, I had wanted to defuse the situation, but this was not the way I wanted to do it. I planned on telling them about some of my past, but now they were far deeper into my personal life than I ever wanted.

"That-That's not what's important right now," I forced out as I glared at the ground, far too embarrassed to make eye contact with anyone, "We were talking about how I am a reformed murderer, not my relationship with Spark Plug!" This whole situation was a collection of things I hated... People budding in on my privacy, blushing, and being at the center of attention.

Ever didn't seem to care about my protests, if the glint in her eye was anything to go off of, I could practically see the interrogation she was preparing, but I was saved at the last minute.

"She's right," A disapproving voice called out and GuildArts stepped forward, bringing with his aura of disapproval as the power behind his words became palpable, "You have just admitted to being one of the most terrifying people in Fiore's recent history. Beyond that, you trapped us with unknown magic... I would appreciate an explanation."

Just him saying that was enough to put everyone on edge. Those who had stood up for me were looking at each other nervously as I stared down someone who was widely considered to be the most powerful person in the guild.

Before too long I sighed and took a step forward, wincing ever so slightly as the whiplash around my ankle burned, "You know?" I said quietly, but it was more than enough to grab everyone's attention, "I met the Edolas version of you a decade ago, it's amazing how similar you two are."

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see the little bluenette that had been Scar Face's partner take a hesitant step forward, but she was stopped by the white cat at her side.