'01

Atlanta, Georgia

Prologue

He didn't know who was chasing him. He just ran and ran until he got close enough to the familiar hood he was raised in. "POW". Damn, another one. 'I ain't go make it', he thought as he felt the blood soaking through his all white t-shirt.

By the time he hit the curb he could feel another bullet fly through his shoulder. Feeling weak, he fell to his knees on the sidewalk of his street. He stared at the sky in defeat. 'I'm sorry', he repeated over and over in his head.

5 minutes later he could here the mumbled voices and distant sirens over his body. His whole body felt paralyzed, numb from head to toe. He felt his head get lifted up into an all familiar lap, making the tears roll slowly down his bloody face.

The tears that rolled down her face slowly mixed with his when she bent down to kiss his lips, creating a salty taste. "Baby please, stay with us please! We can't loose you....I need you", She says, crying historically and hiccuping. The site in front of her broke the last bit of her heart into tiny little pieces.

"I ain't go make it baby", He repeated slowly. Coughing up blood, she held his body closer to her chest with hope to keep him alive. Apart of her knew that this was the end but she refused to accept that right now. She thought in her head for sure that God wouldn't take the person that she needed the most at this moment.

He spit up more clumps of blood, his body slowly becoming lifeless and limp. 'I gotchu baby', is what she tried to say but it came out more as incoherent mumbles.

Damn near the whole block stood around the two, watching what might be his last moment. "Stay woke", she said slapping his face hopefully. He kept going in and out of consciousness, eyes fluttering open and close.

"I can't", he weakly shook his head back and forth. Holding onto to her as tight as he could, he whispered, "I love you. Forever and a day. Take care of them for me, baby. And make sure them niggas don't do nun too crazy". At that moment, he took what was known as his last breath. She slapped his face in panic, hoping that this was all a dream and she would wake up and hear his voice tomorrow.

"Nooooo", she cried and yelled. They softly pulled her away from his now covered up body as the ambulance placed him on the stretcher. Covered in blood, she unbelievable shook her head in her brothers chest. "This can't be real. Uhnt uhnt, it just can't be. I need him....so much. I can't do this shit without him man!"

"We gotchu yo, you know that", he said kissing her forehead in attempt to calm her down. It only slightly worked as she felt as if she could faint any moment.

While the whole block walked around in heartbreak, disbelief, and tears, he sat across the street in his all black impala, watching the whole scene unfold with an unfortunate smirk. He sat back with a satisfied look on his face, feeling accomplished but not complete. Bitterly chuckling he says, "Paybacks a bitch huh? A bad one at that. And she ain't even finished yet". With that, he pulled off and made his way back into the dark lit city.

——

November 6, 2019
626 words

Hey y'all. Did y'all like this one? Is y'all fucking with it? Cause let me tell you, I am! Plus, i'm very proud of myself for getting this shit done. Chapter 1 should be coming soon.💙

Thoughts?

admireshan