Chapter One

Three hundred and eighty-seven days has come and gone since the night that changed everything, not only for you, but for Chris as well.

It was a night you never expected. One that felt like it had come out of a romance novel. You know, the ones where the characters are destined to fall in love.

The whole thing was more than cliche. And though you loved every second of it, you knew it had to come to an end.

And ever since you said your goodbyes, that was that. From then on, you only ever saw him on magazines and movies. Watched him play as Captain America and slay it. You had always been a fan of his, even before meeting him. That was never going to change.

Now, here you were. Sitting in your living room, eating a bowl of cereal while flipping through the channels on your tv.

Nothing had peaked your interest until suddenly, there he was. Smiling at the camera as he waved at the audience. Wearing a dark blue suit and a striped shirt.

Even when he wasn't trying, he was more than beautiful.

Without realizing, you were stuck on the channel. Unaware of anything else but the show. It was like having tunnel vision, not able to see anything but Chris.

"So Chris! Thanks for coming, man. It's been a long time." Jimmy exclaimed, as he settled back into his chair.

Chris flashed a soft smile as he nodded with enthusiasm. "Of course. Thanks for having me. It's great to be back."

Just hearing his voice always caused your stomach to flutter.

"You've had quite the year, with avengers and—by the way, that movie was just amazing!" Jimmy continued. "I haven't had the chance to see you after avengers came out, but it went on to make 2.9 billion—"

"Yeah it made a few bucks." Chris cut him off. Causing not only jimmy to laugh but everyone in the audience. You also let out a little chuckle.

Sitting there in your pajamas, you didn't move not even an inch as you watched the show. Watched him. From every movement he made, every expression, you loved just how animated he was.

It was hard to tear your eyes away from him. No matter how hard you try, you were almost in a trance.

Once his brother came out, and the game began, you never expected the outcome.

"Okay, Chris your turn to put the head phones on." Jimmy chuckled.

And he did.

Jimmy grabbed the card and faced Scott. "Okay, what is something Chris has done this year that no one knows about?"

Scott hummed to himself as he thought for a moment. His head tilted up, with only one thought forming. "Uhh-okay okay. Well something that—well that involved me? Alright, well—"

"It doesn't have to involve you."

"No no! This involves me." He said. "Um we, well—okay. For quite sometime, Chris has forced me to tag along on this crazy search for someone he met a year ago!"

In that very moment, your body froze. Almost as if you had become a statue. Not even realizing you were also holding your breath. Was this really happening? Was he talking about you?

"Wait what?!" Jimmy exclaimed. "Okay!"
He tapped on Chris' shoulder, giving him the cue to remove the ear phones.

"Yeah you can take them off!" Jimmy said. "You got some explaining to do. I want to know what went down!"

"Oh no!" Chris cackled, gazing at his younger brother.

"Okay, here's the question. What is something that Chris has done this year that no one knows about?"

He let out a sigh, as he glanced down at his feet. Contemplating over the few ideas he had in his head. "Huh, well there's a lot." He chuckled. "Okay I'll say—I'll say it was probably when I stayed home and—"

He paused once he heard laughter coming from the audience.

"Judging from the reaction, I'm not right." He sighed.

Chris turned to his brother once again, furrowing his brows as confusion set in. "What are you ratting me out for?" His voice was soft.

Scott shrugged his shoulders and flashed a cynical smirk. "Our crazy search."

Suddenly, it dawned on him. "Ohhhhh...." he drawled out. "Scott!"

Laughter filled the room once again, and though no one could tell, heat began to radiate off of Chris' body as he grew embarrassed and flustered all at once.

"That was between us!"

You were sitting at on the edge of the couch, barely blinking. This had to be fake. Right? There's no way they could be talking about you. Of all people. Why would he waste his time when he could have anyone else?

"Okay. There's a story here." Jimmy said, grabbing the brothers attention. "Who is this person and why are you looking for them? Did they kill someone or—"

"No. No." Chris exhaled. He was more nervous now. His hands were clammy while his heart pounded profusely in his chest. He hated being put on the spot. "Her name is Y/N."

The way your name fell from his lips, it was euphoric. Something so simple had caused your stomach to flutter, and a smile to slowly form.

"I met her on the subway. It was getting kind of late. And she was sitting by herself with a book in her hand." Chris stopped for just a moment, flashing a smile as the memory flooded his mind.

"Wow!" Jimmy sighed. "This sounds like a romantic comedy!"

"That's what I've been saying!" Scott exclaimed. "But this idiot let her go."

"What?! Why?!"

He shrugged his shoulders, and shook his head. Almost looking as if he were defeated.

"I don't know. I—it's my biggest regret. Trust me. All I know is that ever since, I can't stop thinking about her."

This wasn't a dream. This was actually happening. Right in front of your eyes. Chris, a guy who doesn't let people in, was wearing his heart on his sleeve. On tv!

You didn't know what to do, or think. Or even know how to react.

"Wow. I just—that's a beautiful story, my friend. And who knows, maybe the story isn't over yet." Jimmy said before turning directly to the camera. "Wherever you are Y/N, don't give up just yet."

And just like that, they went on with the game a couple more rounds before ending the show.

After all this time, Chris still remembered you. And has been looking for you with his brother.

For the life of you, it was baffling. Why would he waste his time searching for someone he's only known for a few hours? A girl who is mediocre compared to all the Hollywood starlets that are assessable to him.

Why?

Suddenly, the interview was trending on almost every social media network. With your name everywhere.

And the one question everyone asked; who is this girl?