Chapter 11: You Got That One Thing

Zayn's POV

I was sitting on the couch, waiting anxiously for Fiona to come. I had to explain to her what had gotten into me, but honestly, I didn't know. I broke up with Fiona so why did I get so angry whenever I saw her and Harry together? Especially since I told him he could go for Fiona? And Harry was my friend, why did I get so violent? The worst thing was that I had apologized for acting like a jerk a few hours before and then, I had to screw it all up by fucking punching one of my best mates! What the hell was wrong with me?

The doorbell rang, startling me. I rushed to open it.

"Hey." I said to Fiona, smiling.

She didn't return my smile and instead she glared at me. "Hurry. I don't have forever." She snapped, then sat on the end of the couch, the farthest possible from me.

"Start." She ordered, rolling her eyes. She obviously was extremely angry and didn't want to be here. But she was so I wasn't going to mess this up.

Taking a deep breath, I started talking, "I don't know why but seeing you or thinking about you with another person makes me feel sick inside. Maybe it's the selfish part of me. Or the one that's still in love with you. I don't know. Honestly. I'm trying to figure it all out."

I look at Fiona to try to figure out her expression. She's staring at me with her green eyes. To my surprise, she looks kind of annoyed.

"So... That's your explanation?" She asks.

"Well yeah."

She stands up, collects her stuff and walks to the door.

"I can't believe I even bothered coming. This was a waste of time. Such a pathetic explanation."

She reaches for the handle, and before she opens the door I pull her back, grab each side of her face and kiss her hard. So hard that my lips go numb, but I don't care. I realized that I was in love with Fiona. Not Perrie. I open my eyes and see her green eyes wide in shock.

She pushes me hard and yells, "what the hell is your problem?!" She looks at me angrily.

"I'm so sorry for hurting you and breaking up with you. I'm sorry I was such an idiot. It's not Perrie I love. It's you." I smile at her and start singing, "you've got that one thing."

She doesn't smile back. She looks at me with a dark look.

"It's too late to get back with me. I don't love you. I love Harry." She flips her hair, then opens the door and leaves. She closes the door behind her.

I lean against the door, running my fingers through my hair and bite my lips, something I do often when I'm nervous or stressed out. I regret breaking up with her. So bad. I want her back. I miss her. I'm an idiot.

I decide, two hours later, to get her back. I will do anything to get back with her. Even if Harry will get hurt or it breaks our friendship. I'll do everything and ANYTHING.

I take my phone and text Perrie, "hey, sorry but we're breaking up. You can come pick up your stuff later, or I'll drop em off later if you want. Sorry - Zayn x"

I don't care if it's stupid to dump someone by text, but she did the same to me and it really hurt me, so I would give her a taste of her own medicine.

I instantly receive a text message. I roll my eyes, thinking she would bombard with questions, texts and calls, and probably e-mails. I look at the screen and it's a message from Harry. "You kissed my girlfriend? This is war."

I chuckle. "Bring it on." I text back.

I throw my phone on the couch and get up to make myself a sandwich. I'm getting Fiona back. And that's for sure.