What would have happend if Catherine of Aragon died in 1502?

Last time we talked about Arthur Tudor and a few other tutor people, but this time we will focus a bit more on Catherine of Aragon. We know that she and her husband Arthur Prince of Wales got sick in Woodling palace, but it was only she that survived. Sadly this time let's imagine, what would have happened if she got sick and died.

There isn't a lot to be imagined here with her death, the thing we care about is what would happen after her passing.

First, the salary for her marriage would stop coming and Spain no longer would have a reason to be "friends" with England. Not that they will hate each other, but instead Ferdinand and Isabella would be in deep grief about their daughter's death. I feel like they would be hurting when they saw England, as they would be reminded of their late daughter.

Second, the prince of Wales would need to find a new wife. She can be foreign royalty or a noblewoman. But assuming Arthur died too, then Henry will be made king. This meant that, unlike last time,  Henry had to have a male heir. He doesn't have to mary Catherine and would most likely make a political match. But if this princess failed to give him a son, he would inevitably stumble into Anne Boleyn. And sadly history is most likely to repeat itself, but the only difference would be that a great woman loses her chance of a great life.

It would be very tragic if Catherine of Aragon died so young, but I don't know what's worse. The fact that the nation will be in grief,  or the fact that Henry VIII would most likely kill two of his wives...

Catherine of Aragon

Catherine of Aragon

Anne Boleyn (second wife of Henry VIII)  The first queen consort executed in England

The first queen consort executed in England

Catherine Howard (fifth wife of Henry VIII) The second queen consort executed in England

The second queen consort executed in England