Chapter 19

Chapter dedicated to @Guitar_clarinet, for if it weren't for her, this chapter would have been left unfinished forever. Thank you! :)

And special thanks to @SurviveTheZombies. :) 

And sorry for any mistakes, I'll try to fix them soon. Enjoy!

*****

Chapter 19

I froze. Literally froze. My tongue was stuck in my mouth and my legs couldn’t budge from their place. All I could do was stare back at the dark brown eyes that blazed with anger.

"You.." Zach said through gritted teeth, pointing a finger at me. "How could you?" He clenched his fist as exasperation flicked over his face. His eyes were burning with fury and I didn't know what to say.

Fear contorted over my face and my thoughts drifted back to the kiss. Did he see us kissing? My heart was pounding so hard that I could feel it in my fingertips. "Wh-what did I do?" I asked innocently trying to hide my fear and guiltiness behind a facade of innocence. My lips were trembling and I could hear my accelerating heart beats.

"Yeah Elena, you look so innocent that I don't even doubt you," he taunted mockingly, his voice full of hatred and anger and his eyes burned with long- festering resentment.

Swallowing my saliva, I tried again, "I r-really don-don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh please Elena, cut the act. I saw you go together and I also saw you kissing," he said in a brutal way, causing bile to rise up my throat. Mockingly adding, "Oh must have I been imaging. Ain't I right Elena?" His eyebrows were crossed and his body was tensed like pulled wires.

My face turned white and all I could think off was finding a way to explain myself. "I.. I d-didn't mean to --"

"Bullshit! Stop lying to me!" he hollered. "I saw it. I saw you. I saw how happy you were.  It was as if your parents hadn't died a while ago and that the mother of the boy you were kissing wasn't  the reason they died."

My eyes were moist with sudden tears, that I fought hardly to prevent them from falling down my face. "But.. I...” Nothing I said would explain my actions. Nothing but admitting that I liked Harry, which will only make things worse.

"See you don't even have any explanation for what you did. You don't have enough courage to admit that you're such a b*tch that's looking for someone to f***." His words cut deep, they were like knives piercing through my fragile body, as if millions of needles were being pierced in my body at the same time, stealing my breath away. It became hard for me to breath and as he continued, it was as if I was being hit on the head over and over again.

Tears that had been too long constrained threatened to spill down my face. "Is that it? Is he paying you to defend him in court or did he manage to trick you and win your heart. Or worse, is it for fame and attention. You f-ing attention seeker, mom and dad will never be proud of you, and if they were alive, they would throw you away, you piece of garbage." A hint of shock darkened in my eyes. Once again he had plunged the verbal blade deep, tearing my heart into pieces.

A silent plea flashed from my eyes to his, but he ignored it, and plunged the blade even deeper in my heart. "I hate you so much, even more than I hate Anne. So make sure not to get in my way anymore because I don't f-ing care for you anymore." With that, he turned away, leaving me behind. Not the usual me, but the broken, devastated,  fallen apart me.

I couldn't believe that Zach, my young, kind-hearted brother just said that. I stood in my place staring at the wall, with tears running freely down my face. I entered the bathroom and slid down its door and sat on the ground, with more tears spilling down. This was so unexpected, I didn't expect Zach to make a big deal out of a simple kiss.