Chapter 1

Note; Shayla is now Shantel
Overview
They ain't seen each other in almost 12years. Sada and yb both got little siblings and they done forgot each other existed. But yb aunt, Sada momma called for a family reunion because they'd be in town for 2 1/2 months. That's enough time to plan right? Is that enough time to repair the relationships?
Sada's mom, Shantel, remarried and they moved to a private island. This may seem lonely but they came and go for school, see friends and family, etc. besides the got their own everything.
When Shantel remarried she married a Samoan man which caused her family to shun her because he wasn't black.They had a baby, Icelyn. Icelyn is now 14 turning 15. She super sweet and puts herself last. Sada is stingy and over protective but she knows it's out of love and she appreciates it.
Story
"Maaaaaa!" Icelyn called down the stairs.
"Yes?" Shantel asked
"Who is this?" Icelyn asked
"That's my sister, Sherhonda..." Shantel takes a pause"... your aunt."
"Why haven't I met her? Sa met her before?" She pressed
"Honey come down and take a seat..." Shantel said "...Baby me marrying your father came with an effect obviously that's how life is. There is always a cause and an effect to everything. Me marrying your father caused me to be shunned."
"Why?" Icelyn asked. She never heard of someone shunning family,friends she heard of, but FAMILY was completely different.
"I don't know babes but I think I have an idea." With that she walked off leaving Icelyn wondering.
Baton Rouge📍
"I'm not doing that for you-"
"Just listen... please I want to come home, I want y'all to meet my daughter... your niece."
"Ok come down here and we can plan."
Sherhonda can't lie she miss her sister, partner in crime, and best friend but what she did was unacceptable. Just why would she do that with a traditional family like ours? Sherhonda never could figure that out after 12 years.
The island ✈️
"Family meeting!" Shantel yell throughout the house all excited.
Once they all meet up in the dining room they saw the typical fruits used for meetings. Grapes, pineapple, oranges, and watermelon.
"We are taking a trip to my home town. So pack for 3 months at the most. Ok? Any questions?"
"Nope" everyone said
Baton Rouge📍
"Meeting!" Was all you can hear in the house.
"Your aunt is coming in tomorrow. Don't be rude either. They maybe stuck up but just set them straight ok?"
"Yeah" everyone said
💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛