Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

October 2, 2004

it has been 3 weeks since the lockdown happened, and for the past 3 weeks  I haven't been to school at all because the school was having an investigation but we still get homework assigned to us the because the principle mails it to our houses. So my parents and I figured that we should probably have a vacation so we are going for a trip at our grandparents cottage in Crystal Clear Lakes. We're going to the cottage to get everything off of our minds so I had to pack. We're leaving in a couple hours so I called my mother so she can help me pack, so I was getting all of my cloths out until my mother said "sweetie, why do you have your grandparents baby pictures in your bag?" I replied "I don't remember having any pictures of grandma and grandpa" we both didn't really think about it so we forgot about it and continued packing. 30 minutes later I to get all of our things and get going, so I grabbed my suitcase and started walking down the stairs and walked out by the garage and left the suitcase out for my father to get because it was too heavy for me to handle. So I sit in the car listing to some music and then my dad came in the car and asked where did I put my suitcase I told him that I left it in the garage. So he went and got it. So my dad started to drive. Mind you the drive from my city all the way to crystal clear lakes is a 4hour drive so I fell asleep in the car for a couple of minutes. 4am I woke up and started stretching. The car was parked in a gas station and I was in the car alone I figured that my parents were in the gas station using the restroom or picking up some water. So I called them to double check. They informed that yes, they were there picking some water up. It only took a minute or so for them to come back I got bored so I texted my friend Gina if she was awake, she didn't reply I wasn't surprised so I started playing games on my phone until we get to the cottage. We arrived 2hours late because of my parents and I kept having to stop to use the restroom or having a lunch-break. I unbuckle my seatbelt, get out the car and take my suitcase out and walk to the cottage. It was a big old cottage established in 1891. My grandparents recently got it from an old couple that died 15 years after and got sold by them, I opened the door and smelled this horrific stench of what smelled like rotten flesh. I plugged my nose and yelled "MOTHER, COME AND SMELL THIS STENCH" we both dash out of the cottage and look in the car for air freshener. We didn't find it instead we had to use my mothers perfume. The smell was gone but not completely. We cleansed all the rooms except for my room because of the perfume ran out. Do instead of using perfume I used cologne. So I grab my suitcase from downstairs and bring it to my room and start laying on my bed while texting Gina, we were chatting about the stench of the house but we later stopped the conversation and both fell asleep.