Chp 16 (a secret revealed)

As the next couple weeks have passed, Steven was a little surprised that Spinel had kept to her word. Sometimes he'd have lunch, or dinner with her when she was available, or when he was available. They'd mostly hang out at his apartment, watching a movie or even just talking. But sometimes Spinel would come by injured in some area, in which Steven helped patch her up, not that Spinel minded of course, it felt nice to take a step back and relax. Spinel also learned that she could talk about who she tussled with and why, but anything that involved the Diamonds was something that neither one of them wanted to talk about, and surprisingly she found herself being more open with the male. Of course, since Spinel is herself, she would flirt with Steven every now and then, which followed with the third rule, don't tease Steven so much at once. Steven didn't mind the flirting, sometimes she'd take it to far but that's when he keeps his mouth shut, honestly he didn't mind it at all because he was used to her hardcore teasing from her stalking, but at least it wasn't as frequent as it used to be. Steven also didn't mind patching up Spinel, he knew how dangerous her job is, and is just lucky that it wasn't as major as that one stab wound from that time before. He soon found himself enjoying Spinels company, he enjoyed listening to her jokes, and it was a lot of fun to have a meal with her while watching a movie, because then they can joke around during certain scenes. The only time when Steven had to hide Spinel in his apartment is when one of his friends suddenly visit him, not that he minded, but he had to keep his friendship with Spinel a secret. So, he went against his good Morales, and lied, lied to his friends and even his dad, he felt bad but at the same time rebellious. Spinel noticed this slight change, and this worried but excited her a little, honestly she liked to see him as a bit of a rebel. Spinel at the moment was having a cigarette nearby Stevens apartment complex, she had already left after hanging out with him and having pizza. She smiled a little before taking a drag of her cigarette, and that smile faded when she heard footsteps pass by her. As the footsteps faded, Spinel poked her head from around the corner, only to see a familiar figure entering the apartment complex. Spinel recognized the flowing black hair that belonged to Connie, and she figured that she was visiting Steven, after all they were best friends. However a familiar twinge was felt in her chest, a feeling she has known all to well, a feeling that's helped her out in all of her situations. Spinel elected to stay put and have another cigarette, just waiting for Connie to come out of the apartment complex, she didn't know why she was feeling this familiar twinge now, but it never failed her. Luckily it didn't take long until Connie left the apartment complex, in which Spinel assumed that she had to return something to Steven, and she was going to stay put, but that familiar feeling made her feet move so she would follow the dark haired female. Spinel kept her distance as she stalked Connie, hiding from sight when the female would turn around a little. Connie felt like she was being watched, but then again, she always feels like that, especially with the job she has.

    Spinel continued to stalk Connie for a few blocks, until she saw that Connie entered a different apartment complex, which she assumed was where the black haired female lived at. Spinel decided to stay outside, that familiar feeling continued to throb in her chest. Now it wasn't jealousy, Spinel already knew that, now what she was feeling was something else, like a sixth sense that helped her out when she wanted to figure out secrets or information that was kept from her. Now she couldn't understand why she was feeling this way, but this feeling never failed her, and by God she wasn't going to ignore it, not now, not ever. About an hour had passed, and Spinel was ready to call it quits until she noticed that Connie was leaving her home, only this time she was wearing clothes that seemed a bit.....shady as is. This raised Spinels suspicions about the female that is friends with Steven, and somehow those clothes seemed familiar to her for some reason. Spinel continued this little stalking of hers, her curiosity peaked as she followed Connie to a shady part of town, in which this part belonged onto the Diamonds gang. Spinel then saw Connie turn down a dark alleyway, in which she followed and then hid in a small alcove that was attached to the alleyway, now the alleyway was very dim so Spinel was able to hide easily, but she could see that Connie was waiting for someone. It took only a few minutes before Spinel noticed another figure entering the alleyway, in which Spinel recognized as one of her fellow gang members, she raised an eyebrow as she listened to the two interact. "Do you have what we need?" The gang member asked, Spinel continued to listen intently to this conversation, and she bit her lip when she heard Connie reply with a "yes, do you have the money?". Spinel then heard the rustling of papers, in which she assumed where two different envelopes being exchanged, and then she realized that Connie has been their informant this whole time. Honestly, she was a bit shocked, she couldn't believe that Connie was their informant, and at the same time was friends with Steven for that matter. Spinel felt another familiar feeling burst in her chest, and it was anger, she was angry at Connie for lying to Steven about what she did for a living,  which was being an accountant. Actually, Spinel figured that Connie was telling the truth about being an accountant, but was still angry about the fact that Connie had kept her little secret from Steven, even when the rest of his friends told them the truth. Some friend, she thinks she can be close to Steven while lying to him, and she thinks she's protecting him but little does she know that what she's doing isn't helping him one little bit.... Spinel thought to herself while gritting her teeth, her anger spreading through her body. Not only was she angry at Steven's best friend, but also angry and frustrated for herself, because as one of the rules that she had agreed to was "do not involve Steven in anything gang related", and boy oh boy was this a secret she'd have to keep. She hated keeping secrets like this, because she knew if she revealed this, it'd hurt Steven, and that was the last thing she wanted to do was to hurt Steven like that. Physical pain was one thing, but mental and emotional pain was on a whole other level, a level Spinel had no intention to cross, especially with Steven. Spinel was actually enjoying the times that'd she'd spend with Steven, and there was something about him that she couldn't get enough of. Not only that, but she had started to care about what he likes and how he feels, and every time she sees that scar on his cheek, her heart hung heavy with guilt because it reminded her that it was her fault that he now wears that scar on that pretty face of his. Spinel couldn't understand why she liked being around Steven so much, doing things with him, or even listening to him talk and sing, but she enjoyed every second of it, and was set on not compromising any of it ever again.