I Love You (And That's All I Really Know)

A few years after graduating high school, Arianne has the most important concert of her life. Of course her entire pack comes to see it

Ft. Hazel Martin by perfectlystiles

I Love You (And That's All I Really Know)

Arianne twirled the microphone in her hand, watching as the dancers cleared the stage until it was just her and her guitar left onstage for the final performance of the final night of her world tour. Her floor length dress, soft gold and strapless, fluttered around her legs as she turned back to the crowd.

"Alright LA," she called, pausing until the cheers died down. "Thank you all for being such an amazing crowd tonight! It's always a thrill to perform so close to home, especially in the city I grew up in! And it means that my boyfriend can take the night off and come to a show! Say hi Scott!"

A light, and all of the cameras, spun over to focus on Scott, blushing but smiling brightly in the front row.

"For those of you who don't already know, Scott and I have been dating since I was seventeen and most of this album was about him, but! If you'll all indulge me for a few minutes, now that I've put him on the spot, I think we should throw back a bit for this last song so, if you know it, you know what to do!"

The cheers rose again and turning into a roar of approval as she strummed the opening chord.

We were both young when I first saw you

I close my eyes, and the flashback starts

I'm standing there

On a balcony in summer air

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns

See you make your way through the crowd

And say, "hello"

Little did I know

She had to fight to stop herself from staring at Scott the entire time, looking out into the audience as she reminisced. It was easy to lose herself in thought, her mind going back to the very first time they'd met, on her first day of kindergarten. She'd never expected that falling off of the swings would introduce her to her soulmate, and yet the little dork who'd bandaged her up and kissed her knee - "that's what my mommy does when I get hurt" - had grown up into the most caring man she knew. She glanced back at him, seeing his red eyes shining at her through the bright stage lights, and continued to sing.

That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles

And my daddy said, "stay away from Juliet"

And I was crying on the staircase

Begging you, "please don't go," and I said

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone

I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run

You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess

It's a love story baby just say "yes"

The energy from the crowd was contagious, and Arianne's slow sway turned into proper movement, waving her arm along with the crowd. Losing herself in thoughts of soulmates, Arianne's gaze drifted back towards the pack. But instead of looking for Scott's eyes, she sought out her first soulmate, focusing on the fiery red glow of Hazel's hair where she danced along beside him. It was only then that she noticed the multiple other pairs of glowing eyes, blue and gold alike, surrounding her. The entire pack had made it, she realized suddenly. Most of them hadn't been sure if they'd be able to but Derek and Lydia had promised to try, and clearly they'd succeeded - no doubt Hazel had gotten involved too, Arianne knew that her twin would always come through for her.