The Grudge

It has been the dead of the night. There's a question that had begged to be answered, "Where do we go when we sleep?" 

As I sit alone in a hospital room, I subconsciously scratch at my pale skin, creating more red wounds into my flesh. Another sleepless night and I can feel the bags under my eyes grow heavier with every passing night. In care you're wondering, I was removed from my home and put in a mental ward. I did something horrible.

"What is today?"

"January.."

"Name your colors"

"Blue...purple... pink... bl..blue" and I feel the familiar shock of electricity. They call it electro-shock therapy. "It helps you think", they would tell me.  

I lay strapped to the bed, staring at the ceiling. I'm not read for the night that has yet to come. My eyes close and sleep over comes me. I tell myself repeatedly to wake up and my eyes open wide. I can't move. "When did I get a night light?" I question to myself as I see the blue and pink swirls slide in little whisps along the walls and ceiling. And that's when I see it again. That same black shadow figure that loves to torment me . It stands on the ceiling as if that was the floor, it's back faces me as it bends backwards till I can see it's face. It reaches it's hands out to me as if asking for help. I shake my head wishing for it to all go. That's when it happens. "YOU DID THIS TO ME! YOU DID THIS TO ME!" It repeatedly shouts as bends fully backwards and crawls to me at a fast pace. Before it could touch me I jolt upwards, screaming at the top of my lungs. Five different people come in, sticking me with needles and drugs trying to get me to go back to sleep. Panicked I shout to them "I can't go back to sleep! HE WILL FIND ME! PLEASE! NO!...No...no..."I mumble as I fall asleep, the drugs being too powerful to resist.

My eyes snap open. This time the room isn't lit, it's illuminated by the moon from the window that is too high for anyone to reach. Once again I can't move. Then a black hand roughly grabs my ankle as my mouth refuses to open for me to scream. My whole body trembles as the shadowed figure moves up my body till I'm face to face with it. Tears roll down my cheek as I see a blue eye appear from the black on the face. I scream only for it to come out as muffled and the figure leans down. It puts a finger to where it's mouth is supposed to be, and you could hear a loud haunting 'ShhhhhhhhHHhhhh.....' and it's body moves as if it was laughing at my fear. My moth finally moves as I ask the question, "Who are you?! Why are you doing this?!" and what it did next made my eyes widen in horror. It smiles at me. It leans back down to me with that sickening horrible smile and whispers, "Shouldn't have lit me on fire.." and the last thing I hear is the screeching of the being above me. 

                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Poor girl.. must've had one hell off a time for her to jump." the nurse says to her friend as she blows out a puff of smoke. "I thought she was strapped in though last night. Although she did deserve to die." the friend says back taking a sip from her flask. "True, after all, she did light her boyfriend on fire. Poor boy.." the nurse says solemly as her and her friend walk away from the mangle body on the ground. "Shouldn't we call someone?" the friend asks. "the nurse looks up in fake thought before snickering a "Nah." as the both leave the body there.