1

It was the fifth day that Tohru and I stayed with the Sohma's and things have been crazy. We learned about their family secret about the Chinese Zodiac sign. The orange hair guy is named Kyo Sohma and seems like a hot headed guy. But I'm somewhat like that, so I can handle it. And from what I heard, Kyo had created a ruckus at his first day, along with getting slightly closer with Tohru. Sadly, I wasn't able to go into the school because of my situation with parents. I talked to Shigure about it and he said he'd love to take me under his watch, which was cleared out with the administration and agreed with my arrangement.

Taking a deep breathe in, I walked into the classroom, holding onto my bag tightly. It's been at least two years since I last went to school, but I was able to pass my entrance exam easily, much to everyone's surprise. I bowed down and introduced myself. "I'm (Y/n) (L/n). It's a pleasure to be into your class." With that said, I took my seat next to Tohru and hid my flustered face. Everyone's eyes landed onto me which made me shy. Since it was lunch, I was bombarded with girls and guys towards my desk.

"Where did you come from?"

"How did you come across this academy?"

"You look so cute, (L/n)! How did you get your skin to be so clear?"

"Are you in a relationship?"

"Are you looking for someone special at the moment?"

"What are you interested in?"

All these questions made me even more shy as I hid my face into my hands. "I-I-I came f-from a different a-area.. Y-You know, i-in the city.. T-That was before I-I moved in w-with Tohru.." I stated truthfully.

"You mean Tohru Honda? How do you know her?" A girl asked, her tone being slightly rude.

"We're cousins.. I have a full time job and recently got the ability to go back into school." Everyone got quiet. No one said anything, which caused me to look down. First day and no one likes me.. Is it because of Tohru? From what I know, she doesn't get into trouble. Do they not like her? I thought.

"Wait, you said your surname is (L/n), right?" A female asked me.

"Y-Yeah. I got my surname from my mother." I answered.

"Wait, you don't think that she was apart of it?"

Whispers soon spread, causing me to tense up. Already..? So soon..? Looking down, I gripped my forearm before I stood up and left. I went up the stairs and felt someone hold onto my wrist. Turning around, I saw Tohru with Yuki and Kyo standing behind her.

"It's okay, (Y/n).. Don't be scared.. I'm here for you.. Just like mom was." Tohru reminded me, causing me to cover my face with my hair. I couldn't help but put up a facade with Tohru. I didn't want her to worry.

"Thank you, Tohru.." Putting up a fake grin, I looked up and nodded. "But I'm fine! I just wanted some fresh air!" I lied, gently getting my wrist back.

"Are you sure, Miss (L/n)? You seem agitated.." Yuki asked, slowly coming closer.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Just been too long since I've been on a campus. I just got nervous, that's all." As I looked at them, I gently smiled to hide my lies. "Don't worry.. I'll be in there after the break is over. Just need to collect my thoughts." I stated, walking into the roof.

Tohru's POV

I softly sighed as we saw (Y/n) leave the stairway. "Tohru, you know she's lying, yet you let her be like this? Is that the right choice?" Kyo asked me.

I nodded. "It is. (Y/n) may be a joker with all the pranks she puts up at the house, but she still isn't very comfortable talking about what happened to her family. It's really hard and tragic on her. It'll be fine." I answered, looking down.