Bonus Chapter (Non-Canon)

It was 7:00pm on a cold winter day. Sans was sitting on the couch watching TV. It was comfy, and safe. It seemed like nothing could get better than this. All that was left was for Garfield to come and join him.

Sans heard footsteps descending. That must be his hubby Garfield coming down. He turned around to see the thicc cat man standing at the end of the stairs. But this was different. His eyes were full of melancholy, and his vibe was no where to be found.

"Sans, we need to talk..." Garfield said while looking away. It was too unbearable for him to look at Sans.
"Uhh, why can't we just talk on the couch?" Sans asked.
"Sans, you don't understand, it's important. Can you just please come over and talk?" Garfield responded.
Sans stood from the couch and walked over to Garfield. He felt tense, as if something bad was bound to happen.

"What's going on Garf? You ok?" Sans asked lovingly. He looked at Garfield with a concerned grin. However, Garfield wasn't gazing back.
"Look man, it breaks my heart to say this, but I can't keep hiding my feelings away." Garfield choked up. "It's not you, it's me. I know we've had great times together, which I will never take for granted, but-" Garfield flinched and clasped his hands into a fist
"I just can't do this anymore. I'm breaking up with you." Garfield's eyes started to tear up while saying those dreaded words.

Sans was baffled. He didn't expect that answer at all.
"Um, could you repeat that, I don't think I heard you correc-"
"NO SANS, YOU HEARD ME LOUD AND CLEAR! WE'RE THROUGH."

They both stood in silence. None of them knew what to say. After all this time, the fond memories they had were about to end. Sans took a step forward, in hopes that he could sort everything out, only for Garfield to reluctantly step back. Sans's denial turned into annoyance.
"Look man, I don't know what's going on, but can you at least tell me what I did wrong?" He said.

Garfield winced. "It's just that...goddamnit Sans you're breath smells like shit. It smells like rotten eggs drizzled onto sweaty socks packed with spoiled milk. It smells like a baby's cough. It smells like literal disease, and famine, and everything unholy. I bet a decomposing body, covered with leeches and roaches, left exposed for three months smells better than your damn breath. What I'm trying to say is that your bre-"
"Ok ok I get it! Damn. I'll just brush my teeth then!" Sans said, annoyed. He tried to move past Garfield up the stairs to the bathroom, but the orange cat kept blocking him. He looked at the skeleton fiercely in the eyes.
"We are not finished with this conversation, Sans."
Sans groaned in irritation.
"I just don't understand you Garfield. This is the first time you've told me about this. If it's only my breath that's the problem, then I don't think it warrants us breaking up." Sans said.

This caused Sans to think. He has never heard Garfield even elude to his mouthy odors. Has he been hiding this from him? He didn't believe him one bit.

"I don't believe you one bit!" Sans declared.

Garfield was flabbergasted at his response. He slaps Sans in a fit of rage. Sans fell backwards, landing in the floor.
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST LISTEN TO ME FOR ONE SECOND SANS? I'M TIRED OF THIS. EVERY TIME I TRY TO TELL YOU SOMETHING YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO INSERT YOUR OWN OPINION. IT'S LIKE I'M NEVER RIGHT. I'M A CAT THAT KNOWS MY WORTH. I CAN'T EVEN HAVE A GOOD SNOOZE ANYMORE I'M SO DAMN STRESSED I CANNOT TAKE IT." Garfield shouted. He was out of breath. Tears formed in his eyes. It was at that moment that Garfield realized what he had done.

Sans was on the floor. He held his face in his hand, dummy dumbfounded. Sans recollected himself for a bit. Garfield had put his paws on his face in regret.

"S-Sans I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean to do that." Garfield reached out in an attempt to help him up. As their hands almost touched, Sans pushed Garfield's hand away. He didn't need his help, not after what he did to him. Sans got up. He stopped for a moment, standing still, looking at Garfield, re-evaluating their relationship. Garfield backed away crying.

"Fine." Sans said sternly. "If you want me out that badly, I'll leave. I'm gonna pack up my things." Sans walked back towards the stairs. Garfield moves aside so he could walk up. He knew there was nothing he could justifiably do to stop him. Not after crudely abusing his lover.

After a while, Sans descended from the staircase, suitcase in hand. Garfield was sitting on the couch. His leg bounced in anticipation. He turned his head to see Sans. He practically jumped out of his seat.
"S-Sans, where are you going?" Garfield inquired.

"None of your damn business." Said Sans. He started to walk to the front door.

"Don't tell me you're going back to live with Papyrus. He's a nut job!"

Garfield rushed over to the door to block it.

"...Sans. Please. You don't understand. I need you. I didn't really mean it when I said I couldn't sleep right. And your lasagna is way better than Jon's." He looked into Sans's eyeless sockets.
"Look, I'll do anything, just please d-don't leave. You know I can't do anything by myself." Garfield bargained.

"I see why Jon didn't want to take care of you anymore. Makes me wonder what abuse you've put him through."

Garfield dropped to the floor. He broke down in tears.

Sans reached in the back pocket of his shorts, pulling out a cigarette. He lit the cigarette and put it to his mouth, puffing out a cloud of smoke. He then unlocked the door of the tense household.
Garfield watched as Sans made his way out the house. He was an emotional wreck. Before Sans could close the door behind him, he looked down on the crying feline.

"And for the record, hon, This whole time I was an STD carrier. You have AIDS, Garfield." Sans slammed the door behind him.

Sans walked down the sidewalk. He didn't know what to feel. Emotions swelled up inside him, about to explode, but he contained himself.

A single tear dropped from his socket.