Prolouge

[PROLOUGE]

Nick had stormed out of the Cullen house, furiously processing what they had told him

Nick had stormed out of the Cullen house, furiously processing what they had told him. He knew he should be dead due to the injuries he had sustained while trying to protect his cousin Bella, so maybe what they had said was true, but it was still a huge shock to him because he knew how vampires were treated in television shows.

And now he was one of them, and he was afraid of injuring either Bella or Charlie, so he ran up into the forest to be away from humanity and attempt to figure out what he was and how to manage it, because all he knew was that he was hungry, and he knew that food couldn't satisfy it.

He found a tree stump deep in the forest and sat on it for a while, thinking about things like how he was going to do his job; all he wanted to be was a doctor, but how could he be a doctor and a vampire being what he was, but then he remembered that the Cullen Clan's leader was a vampire and a doctor, but it must have taken him years to control his thirst for blood.

And perhaps, with time, he will be able to do so as well. But, as he was thinking, he smelled something. It smelled like metal, but it was blood, and he knew it smelled stronger to him because of what he was.

And perhaps, with time, he will be able to do so as well. But, as he was thinking, he smelled something. It smelled like metal, but it was blood, and he knew it smelled stronger to him because of what he was doing.

He could feel the wind on his face and felt more alive than he had in a long time, but when he came to a halt and saw a group of campers around a campfire in the distance, he began to stare at them like prey, unable to control his behaviour because he was so hungry. As the campers stared in one way, he raced behind them and grabbed one of the teenagers' heads before biting into his neck. As he did so, he realised Nicholas was no longer there due to the vampire within's hunger.

He knelt on the ground with the bodies of four teens around him, blood dripping from his mouth and blood on his hands, feeling fulfilled as he drank the blood. To be honest, he understands why stoners smoked pot since he experienced the same feeling drinking blood.

He sobbed on the floor, distraught over what he had done; he was a murderer, and he should have been punished; but, he knew that if he went to hand himself in, he would be taken to prison, and the sight would be quite similar to this, only bigger and bloodier.

And the existence of vampires would be revealed, so he realised he needed help, and there was a group of people who might be able to help him control his thirst: the Cullens. So he began to stand up, wiping the blood from his mouth, hoping that by controlling his thirst and returning to helping others, he could atone for the terrible crime he had just committed.

He ran back through Forks until he had reached the Cullen house but when he did someone was waiting for him, Rosalie Hale.