Chapter One: Plan B

(Rae's POV)

"Looks like we have a new threat on our hands." Optimus spoke. My eyebrows furrow in worry. Foot steps approach us and I turn to see Lennox with printed off photos in his left hand.

"This wasn't Megatron." he says. Okay, now I'm confused. Optimus takes the photos and examines them.

"How could it not have been? He's the only one capable of this destruction." I state. 

"Actually, there's one con that's worse than Megatron and he's barely even a Con, let alone a Bot." Optimus says. I watch as frustration swarms in his eyes. He looks to me and shakes his helm.

"Someone worse than Megatron? How could there be such a thing?"

"I don't know man but something about this doesn't seem right."

"Would you two idiots shut the fuck up." Ironhide yells at the twins. Their bickering was so annoying sometimes, especially when it's the wrong time for it.

"Sweetspark, who?" I ask softly. He gives me a glance but quickly looks away.

"Lockdown." He growls out. Every bot in base become silent and that's what scared me the most.

"Who's Lockdown?" Jordon asks. Optimus wouldn't answer and it worried me. He seemed to be having an internal battle with himself. It was Infuriating to watch because I knew I couldn't help him in the ways I wanted to.

"Lockdown was the one who killed Optimus's Sire and Carrier. He murdered them when he was just a sparkling." Ratchet explains to us. 

"Oh Optimus," I began, sorrow clearly in the tone of my voice. "I'm so sorry." 

Optimus turned towards me and within an instant, I was engulfed into his arms. I ran my fingers through his hair and tried my hardest to sooth him into calming down. Minutes passed and he gently pushed me away.

"We need to relocate home base." Lennox says. I nod and keep most of my focus on Optimus's face, watching the different emotions swarm in his eyes as he stared right back into mine. It pained me to see him like this.

"I'll contact our crew in Washington." Epps comments before running off with his phone in his right hand. 

"Okay, while Epps figures that out, everyone should pack up what they can and load up the remaining soldiers here. It's going to be a very long drive. Rae, gather your kids, I'm sending you, Lucy, your brothers and the others mostly human civilians to a safe house in Michigan." Lennox claims. Everyone snaps their heads towards him, wide eyed and surprised by his decision making. 

"Will, you can't just send us away and expect us to be okay with us without even asking what we wanted!" Lucy loudly claims. I nod in agreement.

"Where Optimus goes, I go, with my kids as well." I defend.

"And where my mother and sister go, I go as well. I'm not losing any more  time with them" Jordon says harshly. 

Lennox looks between the three of us and sighs in frustration. he pinches the bridge of his nose before throwing his hands up.

"Don't even know why I tried sending you guys away. Rae, you have children, and a baby to take care of. If Lockdown can find this base without any clear intel, what makes you think he won't find the next one? With you, your mother, your brothers and the others; your children, somewhere they can't track down, the safer you'll be until we fix this mess." Lennox explains.

"I agree with William." I hear Optimus say behind me. I quickly turn around and gap at him like a dying fish. 

"How can you agree with this?!" I yell.

"Rae, please. I think it's best if you and our children are nowhere near this threat." He says calmly.

"What makes you think we're going to be safer farther apart when we are stronger together!" I argue.

"This is too dangerous of a situation for any of you mortals and half mortals to be in!" He argued right back.

"Are you kidding me?! I can fight beside you, Optimus!"

"No, Rae."

"Optimus please, just let me, let US help you win this war!!"

"NO!" He yells.

"WHY NOT?!" I scream back. Optimus grabs hold of my arms and pulls me close to him s his face is inches from mine.

"BECAUSE I CANNOT LOSE YOU LIKE I LOST ELITA-ONE!!!" He blares. 

The room becomes silent.

not a word spoken.

not a word said.

just silence.

"Who the fuck is Elita-One?" Jordon asks.

//heh,, fuck off Jordon.\\