⇀ Arrangement

Men and women crowded the foreign throne room as the Ragnarssons attempted to reason with the king before them. At the throne was a very large man, on either side of him, two separate thrones stood. To his right, sat a young ambitious looking man; brown curls sat atop his head while large blue eyes doted, not on the five princes before him, but on the lovely women of the court behind them, likely choosing which to bed in the following hours. He seemed quite preoccupied so no interest there, but the throne to the left of the obese king was empty.

Soft feather-filled cushions adored the dark wood throne it was larger than the on the prince to the far right sat upon. This one displayed more carvings, carvings of the Gods and all the stories of them. Ivar found this quite strange, surely such a respected person would be here for the arrival.

"Name your price, King Trygg. For we will pay it, no matter the cost."

Ubbe said brazenly, the large Swedish king smirked slyly, his thick hands resting on his very large belly. That is when Ubbe knew he should not have spoken.

"I want one of you."

Trygg said casually, as if it meant nothing at all. The Ragnarssons all stood, petrified, before the fat king; shock clear on their faces, with the exception of Ivar who seemed rather offended by the king's words. After a few moments of stunned silence from the young Norwegian princes, King Trygg erupted into laughter, followed by his son beside him and soon; the entire throne room had started laughing. The Ragnarssons were now quite confused and frankly embarrassed. They had no clue what was going on.

"Ah, do not worry, princes of the north. I do not wish to bed any of you. I wish for you to marry my daughter. My youngest and most prized possession. I am sure one of you will be very pleased with your purchase."

The crowded commoners in the throne room all gasped in shock at Trygg's words. The five brothers looked to the right where Trygg's other children stood. All around the brother's ages, but most of them, ugly as a hounds with their children and husbands stood with them. The brothers were not very pleased at this.

"Oh no, not those cows, those are my other daughters. I mean the pretty one. Yrsa? Oh, where is the damn girl. Yrsa, get out here!"

The king summoned boisterously, turning his head to the side, awaiting his daughter's arrival. Within moments, the patting of little feet was heard from behind the heavy green curtains that stood behind the throne.

The most curious girl stepped out from the shadowed curtains. Long red waves nestled in gray curls fell down the young girl's form. Large silver eyes set in the palest skin, a light sprinkle of freckles sprayed her small nose and cheekbones. Her body stood short, she could have been five feet, possibly more. Her long simple dark indigo gown and red wool shawl left much to the imagination but as she left her gown to step up to the empty cushioned throne, the princes saw that her small feet were bare to the elements, bandaged as if she did not wish to wear shoes even once.

"Ah, there is my beauty. She is my very youngest and she is sacred, holy, blessed by the Gods with true sight. She has never felt the touch of a man before, completely intact and she means the world to me."

King Trygg spoke as he looked upon the princes defensively. He looked back to his daughter and gestured her to go to them. She nodded and approached the five men. First, she went to Ivar caressing his cheek gently with a small smile. At first, he felt defensive but he soon was lulled into a sense of complete comfort. Her hand made its way up to  his brown hair, without hesitation, she pulled a hair from his head. Ivar jumped and stared at her as if she had slapped him across the face. The brothers looked so confused and shocked as she made her way around them, plucking hairs from their heads, not saying a word.