Epilogue

Two years later -

Axel and I still live in the community where we met and we live four houses down from parents and three from his; Elijah and Ezekiel graduated high school last year and are taking over the doctor's practice. Noah is 15 years, Isaiah is 14 years, Samuel is 12 years, Sarah and Seth are 11 years; Rebecca is 10 years, Hannah is 6 years, Rachel is 4 years and Leah is 2 years.

Axel works with me at the furniture workshop and the shop where we sell our furniture and he is becoming better every day. We've been married a year and a half now; we've had a few fights but we've never gone to bed angry. Our fights always end with us having fantastic make-up sex in the bedroom or wherever we decide in the house; wink-wink.

There are people in the community who refuse to talk to Axel and I or buy from us because they don't agree with our sexuality or marriage; but I understand. Axel still becomes angry over this but I can usually calm him down; what can I say, we're young and horny.

We also have a nine-month-old son named Matthew James Hunter; we were surprised when I became pregnant; which happened on the night of our wedding and Matthew was born exactly nine months from our wedding night. I'm three months pregnant with twins; both are boys, who we are naming Thomas Levi and Timothy Lee. Our three boys will be fifteen months apart in age.

4 years later -

I'm now 24 years, Axel is 25 years, Matthew is 5 years and Thomas and Timothy are 4 years. Axel and I have several more children; Tabitha who is 3 years, Luke who is 2 years, Bethany who is 1 year and three-month-old fraternal twins, Stephan and Sapphira.

We will give my body some time from being pregnant and holding off before we have any more children. I've always wanted a big family and we're well on our way to this and we couldn't be happier. Our family business and farm is doing well; allowing us to provide all that is needed for our growing family.

Ya-ya and papa died a year ago within a month of each other from natural causes in their sleep. We have buried them in the cemetery next to each other with simple headstones; Elijah and Ezekiel are now 23 years and they have married both for four years to wonderful women. Elijah and Ruth have three children; Joshua age 3 years, Daniel age 2 years and David age 1 year. Ezekiel and Anne have two children; Jeremiah age 3 years and Jethro age 1 year.

Noah is now 19 years and is to marry Deborah with the month; Isaiah is now 18 years and is courting Delilah and I believe they'll be married within 6 months. Samuel is 16 years, Sarah and Seth are 15 years; Rebecca is 14 years, Hannah is 10 years, Rachel is 8 years and Leah is 6 years.

Mama became ill with cancer a year ago and despite treatment and prayers, she passed away in her sleep at home four months ago. Da is handling her death as well as to be expected; my siblings who lived at home now live with my family; since da has been having trouble caring for them and himself. All of us are worried for da's health since mama's passing.

We've rearranged where everyone is sleeping in our six bedroom home; Axel and I have our own room. Samuel and Seth share a room, Sarah, Rebecca, Hannah, Rachel and Leah share a room with two sets of bunk beds and a single bed. Matthew, Thomas and Timothy share a room, Tabitha and Bethany share as do Luke, Stephan and Sapphire.

1 year later -

I'm now 25 years, Axel is 26 years, Matthew is 6 years, Thomas and Timothy are 5 years, Tabitha is 4 years, Luke is 3 years, Bethany is 2 years and Stephan and Sapphira are a year old. Samuel is 17 years, Seth and Sarah are 16 years, Rebecca is 15 years, Hannah is 11 years, Rachel is 9 years and Leah is 7 years. Elijah, Ezekiel, Ruth and Anne are 24 years; their children, Joshua and Jeremiah are both 4 years, Daniel is 3 years and David and Jethro are 2 years.

Noah and Deborah are now 20 years and have a three-month-old son, Jacob. Isaiah and Delilah married ten months ago and Delilah is six months pregnant with a boy; who they're naming Jonah. I'm pregnant with another boy, who we're naming Nathan Enos; I've discussed with Axel that I'd like one more baby after Nathan; and then hold off on the possibility of any more until some of the kids are older.

Da died a month ago from a heart attack and is buried next to mama, ya-ya, papa and da's parents.

Despite the challenges I've faced in my 25 years of life and whatever I'll face in the future, I know I'll have my family; life is perfect and I couldn't ask for more or be more grateful.