Running

He runs at the enemy. His chidori crackles. He runs from the memory. Of brown hair. Of brown eyes. Of a sweet smile. Of blood. Of the blood on her lips. Of the blood on her chest. Of the blood on his hand. He runs from the memory of Rin.

His Sharingan swirls. He runs from the memory. Of black hair. Of orange goggles. Of a goofy smile. Of a falling rock. Of a throw. Of a boulder. A boulder that didn't budge. He was too weak. He runs from the memory of Obito.

He throws his special kunai. He runs from the memory. Of blue eyes. Of a yellow flash. Of a kind smile. Of the Kyuubi. Of a destroyed village. Of a seal that stops him from helping. Of a hole in his stomach. Of a cursed baby. He runs from the memory of Minato.

His blade glints white like his old one. He runs from the memory. Of silver hair. Of strength. Of a supporting smile. Of being scorned. Of depression. Of a body on the bedroom floor. Of a kunai in his chest. He runs from the memory of his father.

Faces swirl in his mind of those he couldn't save. One stands out from the rest. He runs from the memories. Of a scar. Of a Sharingan. Of a bloody hand. Of dead, tortured eyes. Of masks. His feet pound harder, swifter, urgently. He runs from himself.