#TheGrudgeContest

It's just a house, just go in the silly house for the stupid, ridiculous dare, what could go wrong? Of course, out of all houses, I could be dared to go into; it had to be the oldest, most haunted-looking house with the worst possible history in the world. With my luck, I'd get kidnapped or die in here. If only I understood how true that statement could become before walking into the dusty old house.

Once inside I had felt a slight pull to walk around, the house was honestly beautiful, the exterior was horrific, but the interior was majestic. I walked into the first bedroom, it looked to be the master bedroom by the walk-in closet and a huge king bed. As I made my way through the rest of the room and into the two other smaller ones I noticed that every room had brown-tinted flooring with a splash of red in random places.

Finally, once I was content that I fulfilled my dare I headed towards the main entrance to leave, but something had a different idea. It appeared to be a white glow with an indistinguishable form that seemed to be slightly taller and wider than me. I continued forward not thinking anything of it until it flew towards me releasing an extremely high pitched scream, as it got closer I realized that whatever it was, it had red all over it.

I attempted to run out the front door in fear that it could hurt me, I was never one to believe in spirits or ghosts, but this form looked like it could. As I inched closer to the door with the passing seconds the form had managed to catch up to me, I could now see it standing in front of me. The form was a female; she had red hair that I assumed was once a lighter color and was tinted red by blood, she was wearing a gorgeous white dress that could have passed as a wedding dress if you ignored the very prominent red spots covering the front.

I hadn't realized before, but once I saw the woman covered in red I figured it was safe to say that the brown flooring with red spots had been blood and that that's what was all over this figure. I once again tried leaving when I noticed that the form had changed into a gruesome version of itself, its jaw was hanging open, torn to shreds, its eyes dangling from their sockets, and with the finishing touch of huge gashes along its face, I screamed. After screaming, I opened my eyes, but to my surprise, the form had disappeared. Even though it was not present around me to see, I could still hear it whispering in a husky throated tone,

"You shall live, but they will die. This town is now cursed so be warned. Death will fall upon all those who enter, enjoy."

And with that, I ran.