Prologue

First of all, I just want to thank RavenKnight3035 for letting me adopt this plot bunny. Thank you so much! Please check out her books: "My Best Friend's A Ghost" and "The Call to Rise".
-------------------------------------------------------------

The night was cold and dark. The rain falls from the gray clouds that are in view. On the top of a hill, lies a tower. A sign holds up: Darkly's School for Bad Boys. Lightning goes off.

Inside the tower, there is someone see-through, glowing green, and is having a very bad attitude.

"Oh for the fucking love of-! Ugh!!! Why does the effing rain have to come by at the worst time?! And why does fucking destiny want me here?!"

The green, now flying, figure starts to walk around the school. Now, you must be wondering, why is he at a school? Well, it's pretty simple to explain. He was wandering around like always, trying to find someone to scare to death, and suddenly raindrops start to pour down. The school was the closest place he was, so he had no choice...unless he wanted to hurt himself so badly...which he doesn't...

Now, the other question your wondering about, who is this person? This person is Morro. A ghost. Albeit, he does get pretty pissed fast. You must be thinking, why does he hate rain? Well, there's four words for that. Rain. Can. Kill. Him. Or, this is the simplest way to say it: Water can kill him. Does he want to die? ......Maybeeee..... Who does he blame for being at the school while it rains? Destiny.

"I swear one day I am gonna die whether I like it or not!"

He then suddenly heard a small yelp from a room when thunder boomed.

Curious, and also half-annoyed by the sudden yelp, he went to check the room where he heard the sound.

He tried to open the door, but it was locked.

"Of course it's fucking locked!" Morro snarled.

He then decided to phase through the door and inside he saw a small boy, probably no older than 5 as he assumed, covering himself with his bed blanket over his head, shaking in fear everytime the thunder boomed. His window was, unfortunately, open.

"Hmm...he looks like a good victim to scare," Morro said, and he sneaked close to him. As he about to pounce on him, he suddenly heard the boy talk.

"Mom....why did you have to leave me here in this awful place?" the small boy whimpered as the thunder boomed again.

Morro stopped. He remembered saying those words when he was younger, when he was abandoned, when he was scared.

"Y-You just left me...I-I can't even remember how you look like, I-I don't even remember when was the last time I called you "mom". W-Why'd you leave me...?" the boy's last sentence was barely a whisper as he was now silently crying.

Morro was pained at what he was seeing. Most children now and days were usually happy. But this...this child was beyond happy.

"W-Was I not good enough for you...?"

Morro eyes grew wide. His breath shakend. He used to ask that himself everyday he was living in the streets.

As the child cried, the thunder grew louder and the rain was spinning out of control. Rain had managed to go inside the room, and somehow managed to touch Morro's arm. Morro screamed out in agony, the pain was unbearable.

The boy whipped his head around, only to see the ghost clutching his arm.

"G-G-Gho-" the boy couldn't finish his sentence as he had started to faint.

Morro stopped and looked at the boy. The boy started to fall backwards. He gasped and ran over to the boy.

He slid onto the ground and the boy fell on his back.

"Ugh!! That hurt!!" Morro said to himself as he then remembered about the boy and looked behind him.

The boy fainted, yes that happened, but he doesn't know when he'll wake up.

But now, he can describe the boy. He was fairly small, and had blonde hair.

"Hmm...he looks small for his age. Not to mention, he just fainted and I heard what happened to him. Poor kid- Wait. What am I saying? I'm not suppose to care for anyone!" Morro scolded himself as he pushed the small blonde hair boy off him.

As he starts to leave, thunder boomed again, and even though the boy is asleep, he whimpers from the noise.

Morro looks at the boy and then at the door.

"Help the boy or leave. Which one? Umm...." Morro said as he starts to think.

~~~~~~~~~

Morro pulls the blanket over the boy, who is now sleeping peacefully in his bed.

"Now that that's done, I should leave once the rain stops. I'm just gonna have a quick nap," Morro said to himself and yawned as he falls asleep.

~~~~~~~~~

"....ho are you?"

Morro got woken up by a voice.

"Did I sleep that long?" Morro asked himself as he stretched only to realize that he had stayed over-night at the boys room.

"Hello?" a small voice said.

Morro turned around to see the small boy again. But now, he could see the boys color eyes. They were green, like his, but the boys green eyes had a lighter color than his.

"Who are you?" the boy asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know," Morro snarled.

"Yes, I wanna know. What even are you? Your glowing green, see-through, and floating," the boy stated.

"Look kid, it's none of your business. So let it go, I'm not telling you anything," Morro said, slightly annoyed.

"Oh, come on, see-through-glowing-floating thing!" the boy remarked.

"You did not just call me a 'thing!'" Morro yelled.

"I did. Just please tell me your name," the boy pleaded, putting on a sad face.

Morro took noticed of the small boy's face.

"No!- Maybe...- Fine! I'm Morro. You pipsqueak?" Morro remarked.

"I'm Lloyd. Lloyd Garmadon," the boy, Lloyd, said.

"Well, this day is gonna be interesting," Morro muttered.

Since that day, Morro and Lloyd's friendship began.