Chapter 13: Senior Year (Archer's POV)

September 2017 rolled around faster than I thought. In fact, it feels as if that freshman year wasn't too long ago. High school is almost over, and I'm faced with reality: Applying to college.

Say if the recruiter doesn't choose me, the captain of the basketball team? I need a back up: Syracuse and NYU.

At first I was lost in thought about college applications, but Diana caught my attention. She said, "Wow, I guess senioritis kicked in faster than I thought."

I tossed and turned over in my bed, moaning and groaning. I whispered, "You should know that most boys are lazy, Ms. Lawless."

"Well, Mr. Jones, I know that you're not most boys. In fact, you're
a man. And one thing you should know about most women is that they don't want boys; they want men," she exclaimed.

I quickly glanced and really put some thought about what she said. Did she just imply that she wanted me? I asked, "Hey do you want to go to Scandalous tonight? My parents don't care, considering that we are best friends."

She shrugged her shoulders, saying, "Sure, why not?"

Getting into my baby blue Bentley convertible, I adjusted my mirrors, and slipped into my black leather jacket. Taking one last look at my house, I stabbed my key into the ignition, and drove away.

I slipped on my shades, and I was greeted my the blazing September sun and a gust of wind. It wasn't a long drive to Brooklyn High School, but this was a generous present from my parents, Steve and Adrian Jones, who were humbly rich.

I never mentioned my familiy's wealth to anyone, except for Diana and Mercedes, who was my sister-in-law. It was just something that I was encouraged to work for as a child since being rich isn't everything, and it's certainly not a gateway to happiness.

Lily Johansen, my ex-girlfriend, knew about it too, and she bragged about it to her clique. I simply ignored it because she seemed like a good person at heart, until I introduced her to Diana.

Diana, though she wasn't a gifted vampire like Mercedes, she could see right through people. Diana was able to realize the type of person that Lily was before I was. She told me that she's bad news.

I was arrogant enough to think that she was saying that because she wanted me. I guess I learned that the hard way.

Speaking of Lily Johansen, she's standing with her clique, conversing.
She suddenly turned around and then scoffed at me.

I shook my head and turned off the car. Getting out, Lily stood in front of me and said, "Hey, Arch. I want to talk to you. Do you mind?"

I scoffed, "I think you made yourself pretty clear last week. Lily, It's twenty seventeen. It's okay to be who you are because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

"And as for your parents, if they love you, they wouldn't care if you're..." She shot me a warning glare. I shook my head saying, "Forget it. I can't get through to you." I walked around her, leaving her alone, next to my car.