Fearful

We were low on everything. Guns, food, supplies. We decided to take a couple groups and go out. Rick wants to take Carl and I to find guns and ammunition. He then decided to take Michonne to see if she is capable of being one of us. Daryl will go with Glenn and Maggie to get more food and supplies.

I grab my knife and handgun and say goodbye to Beth. I then walk outside to the car we are taking. Michonne got into the back seat silently. Rick has decided to take her to the governor at some point. We had only told Hershel, Daryl, Merle, and Me.
I don't think it's right but it's his choice.

I get into the passenger seat while Rock got into the drivers seat. Carl then got into the back seat with Michonne. He is mature enough to come with us. He has been getting stronger and he needs to learn. Rick then drives off. No one knows about Rick and I except Beth and I think Carl is a little oblivious.
I don't even know what's going on between us.

The ride is silent so far. It takes a while to go into the city. We are driving through an empty road with trees surrounding it. The then see a figure up ahead. We drove past it and it was a man. He was yelling for help. But Rick just kept driving.

Rick pulls over where there is a few cars. He stops and we look around. There was a few cars with quite a few things in it. He then tried to go forward and the car was stuck. I looked over and saw a walker banging on the window. Then there were more all over the car. Rick rolled down his window a bit and got his gun. "Better plug your ears." He said. I plugged my ears and he killed each one of the walker banging on the car.

We all got out of the car. I went to go look in the cars around us. I opened the door and saw a half decomposed women in the drivers seat. I back away in disgust. It smelt horrible and wasn't a pretty sight to look at. I then opened the door to the passenger seat and saw water bottles. I took the water bottles and put them in my bag. I saw a pan and a few granola bars. I stuffed those in my bag then walked over to Rick and Carl. Rick was teaching Carl how to fix the situation we were in. Michonne was keeping watch with her katana. Rick called me over to get in the drivers seat and press the gas.

I got in and pressed the gas slowly. Then the car went over the sticks and fabric they used. Rick high-fives Carl. "Good job bud." I say.
He smiles and nods his head. I decide to drive the rest of the way.

I drive through the rode til we arrive at King County. I drive slowly then stop and park so we could get a better look at everything. We get out of the car and start walking. I start to remember everything with the Vatos back at the quarry. We walk past their camp and it looks deserted. They were good people. Rick and I look at each other knowing that all those people were gone.

We turned the corner and I gasp at how many sticks were set to trap walkers. It was a mess. There were mice and rats in cages. We looked up and saw a person in protective gear yell at us. I get down as he shoots at us. Rick shoots back at him. Then he's no where to be seen. As far as I knew no one was hurt. Michonne runs up to get on top of the building the man was on.

We look up and just see Michonne. He was gone. I turned around and saw the man. Before I could at least knock him out Carl shoots him right in the chest. Rick runs over with Michonne and takes his mask off. I saw a surprised expression on Ricks face. He knew this man. "Do you know him?" I asked.

"Yes he saved me when this all happened. Help me get him inside." He said.

We all help and pick him up. "Look out for traps. They could be anywhere." Michonne says.

We get to the door and Michonne has to remind us to look for traps. Rick lifts the mat and we see spikes coming out of a home the mat was covering.

We get to the stairs with Carl behind us. It took a while to get up the stairs while carrying the man. We got to the top and saw a string. "Be careful for the string Carl." I said as we moved a curtain to see a bloody axe. It was weird to see how many traps he has set up.

We walk in and set him down on his couch. I then take a moment to look around the place. There were words written all over the walls. Rick zip ties the mans hands together like handcuffs. He then reads everything on the wall. "Isn't it weird?" I ask.

"Yeah. Dwayne was his son." He said, "They saved my life back when I had no idea what was going on."

I looked at a map Carl was looking at. The map had Ricks house labeled on it. "I want to go out and get a crib at the baby store across the street." Carl said.

"Okay take someone with you." Rick said.

"I want to go on my own." He said a bit with attitude.
Rick then went to talk with Carl. I could hear what they were saying but I kept my attention to the walls.

"Take Michonne with you." Rick said.

Carl rolled his eyes and went out with Michonne.

I then started backing up some of this mans guns. He had too many to just raided the police station.
There were explosives and heavy rifles and machine guns. "Where did he get all this." I asked.

"He must have been collecting for a very long time." Rick said while packing grenades.

He looked in the chest that's in the middle of the floor and pulled out a hand held transceiver. "I gave him this to contact me everyday at dawn."

Then the man was awake. The man was tossing and turning. I got up and walked towards him with Rick. "Morgan?" Rick asks.

"I don't know you! Are you clear? Your not clear!" Morgan yells. He then gets on top of Rick. I try and get him off but he had a knife. He was on top of Rick and was trying to plunge a knife into him chest. Rick tried to stop him but he couldn't. The knife went right into Ricks chest. Rick grunted in pain then I pulled my mans shoulders and yanked him away.

The man started laughing. Rick pulled the knife out of his chest. "You okay?" I asked while checking out his wound. "I'm fine." He said.

He then continued to talk to Morgan. "See this?" He said while holding up the transceiver. "I gave you this to talk to me everyday at dawn with your boy."

There was a moment of silence then the mans face dropped. "Rick?"

Rick smiled and said "yes it's me."

•••

After Rick patches up his wound Carl and Michonne were back. We packed up a most of the guns and offered Morgan to come with us. He didn't want to he said he had something to do first. Carl got the crib for Judith so she doesn't have to sleep in a basket we have for her.

We walk outside ready to leave. "Hey Morgan." Carl says. "Sorry I shot you."

"It's alright. But don't ever apologize unless you really need to." Morgan says.

Carl nods and we all say goodbye and drive off back to the prison. We drove back to the place where the man was. All there was left was his orange bag that was on his back. Rick opened the door and took the bag. Then we continued driving.

We got back to the prison. We unloaded everything from the car that we got today. Daryl with Glenn and Maggie came back earlier with quite a bit of food.

I guess we could say today was a success. But all our worries went back to Michonne and the governor. We have the weapon power and ammunition. But we still don't know about taking Michonne for a chance for safety.

(Edited)