Pulling Through

Klance / Fluff / Kangst / Mentions of mental instability, mental illness, and possiblt suicide / Klance

***

"You've saved my life."  Keith said as he stared admiringly into Lance's eyes.

They scared him sometimes.  They're so beautifully colorful, and you can see every ounce of emotion he has behind them.  They almost seem like glass windows, and Keith feels like he's intruding his privacy as he stares deeply into them.  He feels like he's diving into an ocean, and he doesn't want to get out.  He fears that he'll drown, but the water brings him peace and relaxation.  He doesn't want to imagine running out of breath right now.  He only wants to live in the moment, and he wants to savor and enjoy ever second of it while it lasts.

"I didn't save you, you saved yourself.  You're so so strong, and I love you so much.  You couldn't have made that decision to get help and try to do better without wanting it deep inside.  You made the decision, and you get to own it.  I'm only an influence, you're the one who pushed through to get to where you are.  You're amazing, baby.  I love you."

"I love you too, Lance.  So so much.  I appreciate everything you've done, and I wish I could make it up to you.  You're so good to me..."

"Keith, do you know what satisfaction it brings me to see you where you are today?  You've gotten so much better..."

"Lance?"

"Yes, Keef?"

"Don't call me that."

"Aw, are you angry!"

"No.'

"It's okay!  I love yoouuu."

"I fucking hate you so much."

"You know you love me."

"I know...  I love you too fucking much."

"And I could say the same thing..."

***

287 Words