Chapter 11 - He Snapped

You can ignore me but don't you dare forget me

💜💜💜

Jungkook

Last few weeks have been a rollercoaster not just for me but for my colleagues. Mr. Kim is very strict when it comes to sales and we are all very scared to lose a job.

We are all working hard to look for prospective clients and have them pledge. It's tiring mentally and physically draining too. I am almost out of office for the last two weeks. I wasn't able to see the person who stole a kiss from me. I think I miss him? I don't know. But I am looking forward to seeing him.

Seokjin. That's his name. I remember running outside that elite club just to find him and ask for his name. Who would have known that he will present himself in front of me? That I would know his name without any difficulty. But in an unexpected way. One big problem, he is my boss. My terror but very gorgeous boss.

His words hit me hard the last time. He made me feel worthless. Truth hurts I know. He was so adamant he didn't care about how sharp his words were.

I wonder what he would feel once he knew that I am that random guy he kissed in that club? I am excited for that day to come. I am looking forward to his reaction. What more once I tell him what happened that night after he left. I am sure he will panic. What could be his reaction keeps on playing in my head. How I wish I have the guts to tell him.

Today, I am excited to go to work. I don't have a client call so basically, I am going to spend my day at the office and prepare my sales report. After three weeks, I will finally see Yoongi though I call him almost every day, my colleagues who are having the same problem as me and of course, my terror boss who keeps on pushing us to the limit.

"Hey hey. Long-time no see?" Yoongi greeted me as I arrived in the office. I am feeling great, unlike the previous weeks. "You really dress well today. What for? Oh! Shall I change that? For whom?"

I cackled by his question. I don't have the intention to dress well today. " I got my commission last week so I bought some office clothes."

Yoongi gave me a meaningful smile. I know he's thinking of something else as I keep on asking almost every day if Mr. Kim is in the office. I should still be languishing over Hoseok's infidelity but here I am, getting interested over the wrong person.

Wrong person to like. I really think that desiring for Mr. Kim is like waiting for the sky to kiss the earth. Just plain and no doubt impossible. How can someone irrelevant like I, will interest someone wealthy, well known and beautiful like Mr. Kim? I am pretty sure there are lots of men and women who are vying to get his attention.

All I know about him is he broke up with his ex and his ex has been messing up for him to come back. One thing I learned about Mr. Kim, he is bold and brave. There are only a few who can do what he did that night. And when he doesn't want someone he will shut that someone down. In whatever way possible. Or impossible?

I saw Yeonjun walks towards my table coming from Mr. Kim's office. Mr. Kim is so dedicated to his work. It's still early and he's done having a meeting with Yeonjun. "Mr. Jeon, KSJ wants to talk with you."

I heard Yoongi sniggered at me. "It's time. KSJ wants to talk with the great JJK." He scoffs.

"Fuck you!" I mouthed.

I am still nervous to face the man who kissed me then now insulted me. But this time, I won't let him say something that will degrade me. Or else, he will regret it.

But before I can stand up, I saw Mr. Kim went out of his office.

***Earlier***

"Good morning Mr. Kim," Yeonjum reported early to Seokjin. With folders in his hands, he handed one to Jin.

"Are the reports complete?" Jin asked while opening the folder. His eyes widened by the document he just received. He can't believe his eyes.

"Are you sure this is accurate?" Jin asked again while trying to read and reread the document.

"Yes, Mr. Kim. That's updated. Up to the last sale as of last Friday at 6 pm." Yeonjun smiled.

Jin stared blankly at Yeonjun. "How did Jeon do that? One client per week? Is this real?"

"Mr. Kim, the photocopy of the bank reconciliation report is at the back. The checks have been deposited. They were all paid in full via check. So it's real. He probably got scared of losing a job. He did very well in the last three weeks. I am shocked too." Yeonjun replied.

"In full?" Jin was shocked to hear that. Most of their clients issue post-dated checks. But Jungkook's clients paid in full.

"Yes, Mr. Kim. I think it's Jungkook's lucky month. Do you want me to call him?" Yeonjun asked.

"Y-yes please." Jin nods while massaging the bridge of his nose.

Seokjin

How can that coward do that? I am expecting that he will improve in months but he did make a big impression in just weeks. Not just a big impression, but big sales.

I can see that some of the weakest performers have prospective clients but only a few have pledges. But this Jeon is very aggressive. I have to admit. He is good.

I stood up. With the document in my hand, I went out of my office. My eyes fixed on Jeon. He looks calm when he saw me.

"Hey Jeon, how did you do that?" I asked placing the document on top of his table. I know I sounded a little suspicious. I know I should be thankful but I'm also way too curious to know how he did that.

"Looks isn't everything right Mr. Kim? But this is proof that I still need looks to close those deals." Did he just mocked at me?

"What are you trying to imply? That I insulted you? I'm just trying to push you to do better. It's not my fault if you took that seriously." So he's offended by what I said? I can see everyone in the room looking on us.

He smirked at me. "I'm not trying to imply anything, Mr. Kim. But you can at least say it nicely? You know, like how nice you are when you try to change my name to Dave the last time?"

****

A/N:
So JK decided to play a game.