"Why.."

I sat crouched up in a corner, bawling at the pain that settled in my chest. All those memories, the things I've done.

"Why..? Why remember now. Why regret it at all?"

I asked myself, just the thoughts caused me to break down. Locked in this room for hours. The others began to worry, but I managed to convince them I was fine and just going through a phase. Truth is. I had no need for their pity. This is my problem, not theirs to become involved in.

Eventually I ran out of tears, burying my face into my hands and knees. Repeating the same question over and over. Then, I felt a hand touch the top of my head. Looking up slowly, my vision blurred.

"W-who is it?"

"It's me." A familiar voice softly spoke.

"M-me.."

"Yes you."

I blinked a couple of times at the comment. How could this possibly be me!? Was I hallucinating. Taking a long look, I processed the facial features. The same face, only more human like and short black hair.

"But how?" I asked.

"I need to tell you one last thing."

Kneeling down, my past self wrapped his hands around me putting his forehead against my own.

"All the things I did. I'm so sorry. I ruined our life...killing people out of my mind. I'm sorry!"

The tears began flowing once more. The other me only smiled and spoke.

"All the things you've done. You no longer need to regret. I'm not angry at all. You've helped me by doing something I was too weak to do. You did not kill but protected those who you cared for. I thank you for that."

I felt his embrace. It was warm, comforting. The cries died down. And in a split second, he was gone like that. I myself was confused, perplexed at what had just happened. I sat there finally able to receive closure. Letting out a heavy sigh.

"Thank you. Kaneki."

I said aloud referring to my old self. Who I knew still lurked within me. The human side. My face formed a smile, and there I knew he was by my side.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Please tell me what you all think!! I don't think it was well written to be honest I just wrote what came to mind. So CRITICIZE FOR IMPROVEMENTS NEEDED!!

Arigato~
Yoi tsuitachi no hitobito o motte iru
(Or Have a nice day people)