i.

CHAPTER ONE,
THE WITCH BITCH.

CHLOE WESTENRA IS notorious around Hogwarts for both good and bad reasons. Sure, she's probably one of the brightest witches in her year. But while her intelligence and porcelain-like features, it was her attitude entirely that ultimately took center stage. Branded with the house of Slytherin, she lived up to the most known attributes. She was cunning and ambitious - not to mention, incredibly clever. So much so that she was able to figure out most things without it taking long at all.

The one thing Chloe couldn't exactly figure out was how to make friends.

When she was much younger, Chloe was the kind of girl to speak her mind. She was a bit too blunt, almost to the point that she was harsh. She had even made another girl cry when she had called her out for her rather large nose during first year. It wasn't her fault that her nose was huge and Chloe felt the need to say something - it was bothering her to look at it. That coupled with the house she was in already made people brand her as a bully and simply stuck-up. Of course, it hurt but Chloe soon grew to become the very things that people called her.

Perhaps, a tad bit worse.

Her remarks were filled with a bit more malice and her gaze was now colder, scaring off pretty much anyone who wanted to be friends with her. Chloe was too scary even for the likes of Narcissa Malfoy and her little posse. She learned from a young age that friends were nothing more than a huge distraction anyways. She needed to focus on making sure she passed all of her classes which were far from a problem. She was at the very top of her classes and made sure it remained that way. So academically wise, her life was doing perfect. Chloe only wished she could say the same about her life in the more personal aspect.